Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss NTPS Training in Hyde in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xengstu

Has anyone had any dealings with this training centre? They are looking favourite for me at the moment, any comments good and bad?

NTPS Training Ltd | Plumbing Training Courses | Cheshire | Manchester | North West | UK

I've also been contacted by React Fast Training in Atherton but they are only offering the 6128, is there any point in me even considering them?

Intensive plumbing training courses | Train to be a plumber | Becoming a plumber

I live near Blackpool so if anybody knows of training facilities within commuting distance I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

I've basically ruled out OCLI, Train 4 Trade Skills and BTSC. VIY sound great but its just too far for me.

Cheers

I was trained by Reactfast (in Birmingham) last January (to March) and would be happy to recommend them.

I think so much depends on the trainers and the group you're with though. I was lucky to be with one of their better groups

With all these courses, as I'm now finding out, you really need to know what you are buying. They all seem to promise the earth and then you find when you "qualify" that the course was only the first stage in a long process. For example, you pass your water regs exam but then find you can't become an approved plumber because you need an NVQ2. And you can't seem to be able to take an NVQ on these courses because it requires hands on experience. (I think!) And if you want to do gas, you're into loads more money for qualifications and trade subscriptions and so on.

And reading the posts about courses, it seems those who went on a good old fashioned apprenticeship back in 1920 aren't really interested in us newbies who've been on a solid 2 month course. I'm not sure that even with nearly a year's self employed experience that I'd manage to find a secure job though (if I wanted one). And government help? Pahh!!!

BUT - not all doom and gloom. I have been lucky to have had a great start to my new self employed career and although work is rare just at the moment, I've managed to clear all my start up and course costs within the year.

Thanks for the advice dontknowitall, some good points in there. As far as the 6128 goes I suppose if it still leads to the NVQ at the end of the day there's not a problem, right? Anyone else shed some light?

As far as the 4 year apprenticeship goes it's just not an option. I had one of those for engineering in the 80's so am a bit long in the tooth now. An apprenticeship is still a far better solution for those able to take it but i'll have to rely on my engineering background to beef up my rep a little when I start.

Glad to hear that if you are prepared to put in the hard work some can make a successful career change to Plumbing...

Last ask about NTPS, anyone got any feedback - experience with them?

Thanks

I trained at NTPS they are smaller than most ( I did some research on the others before signing up) but the guys there really know what they are going on about time served and all that.
At the time they beat everyone else for price and gave you exactly what you wanted regarding the quals.
On a personal note I couldn't fault them for the training and help they provided after i finished training, i'll be going back to do my acs when i'm ready.
Best adviced i can offer is what i found out when i was looking for a centre is that all the others are a hell of a lot dearer and most seem to be salesmen. ntps were genuine helpfull blokes.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Plumline,

Had the hard sell from Reactfast so that scared me into more research and now you have confirmed what I thought about NTPS. No salesmen, no call centre, no national emergency plumbing chain just a training centre and thats it nothing more! perfect!

I'm off to visit the centre on Thursday. Thanks again for the feedback, much appreciated!

Forget the salesmen, look for the place that will give you the best chance. For me i picked BTSC, yea it is expensive, yes the salemen are ******s, but the place is fantastic, the tutors are excellent, the work is interesting, and i feel i will become a well trained plumber because of the place. So don't go on reputation, have a look around, visit and make your own mind up.

If we all had an extra 3-4 grand spare i'm sure we'd all go to a big training centre but I'm doing pretty well after the taining at NTPS with work booked in for the next 3wks, after doing exactly what I would have done at BTSC and giving them 3-4 grand more than NTPS were asking.
I agree it's the training you receive and as the lads at NTPS are all ex plumbers gas men and lecturers you get a good start but what NTPS offer after training is a direct line to the lads that covered your training if you have any questions when your out there on your own.

still in the air with all this but i think its all about yourself if you know you can do the job the training center can only show you there skills!!maybe some are better then others but at the end of the day its down to you,,,now who can tell me a little more about ntps cus i tell you now iv looked a nd looked at them all just want some more feed back about ntps,,, must say think train4trade skills are giving me more for money but dont like the sales man that came to the house..could have been selling me upvc windows for all he gave a s00t,,well thats the way it came a cross,,,please any more info on all centers would be of great help,,,thanks dazzeebee

going to see them at ntps as i must say i like the sound of the bloke iv spoken to,,, and every thing iv seen up untill now tells me to keep my money and spend it on something that ill see for it,,,good luck to all them spending shed lods of money like my girlfriend me..........@ @
L
~

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not quite ready to start a course yet but I have been to see Simon at NTPS. He came across as a really nice guy and was obvious he new what he was on about.

They offered me a keen price for the 6129, NVQ2 assesment and ACS basic training with water regs thrown in for good measure. The centre was well equiped and fairly easy to get to off the motorway.

One thing I was unsure about was that they didn't have anyone in the centre when I visited it. Simon did say that his team were being kept busy with on-site assesments for NVQ2,3 as lots of lads are using the slow down to finish off their qualies. He had no problem offering 1 on 1 tuition if I was the only trainee in the centre.

If i'm to part with some cash in the future these guys would be near to if not at the top of my list but don't take my word for it go and see for yourself.

thanks xengstu,,what price did he give you for the 6129!!! with the nvq and water regs and acs training,,would be good to no as train 4 trade skills told me they would do it for 3800 with part p as well!!! thanks mate

foolsRgold,

Thats very cheap, I was quoted somewhere around 5.5K (6129 is 4K) all in but looking again it didn't include the basic ACS qual.

I have the info packs for T4TS but don't recall them being that cheap?

Good luck with choosing

Ive been reading all your advice about NTSP Training and Im going to contact them. I dont want to be a number and I dont want sales men pressurising me before Im ready to sign on the dotted line. Ill let you know what i think.

I have just finished my 3rd week at NTPS and am commuting from Lancaster. The driving is a bit of a chore but its well worth it. Plumline was absolutely spot on with his / her review of this place. The quality of training these guys offer is superb and they are the cheapest. And you get free chocolate biscuits.

Cheers

Tim

to all,,,, im now training with ntps and must tell you all im glad out of all the other training courses iv looked at and i can tell you iv looked at them all, these lads know what there doing and give you lots of help,,o yeah and the bacon butty shop up the road is great!!! see you there ................

thanks for all the posts guys ;)that confirms it ,im gona sign up tomo with them .iv looked around and read up on most of the courses and they(ntps )seem the best -the best price too:D.il have to factor in the cost of accomodation and travelling as i stay in glasgow and would have to drive and stay in local acomm.the only company that i found up here is olci ,and after reading a few posts about them im going elsewhere(and even after estimating travel costs and what have you its still LESS overall with ntps)so its really a no brainer .they advertise 10* 3 day workshop practical modules but i explained i have to travel and they agreed to limit my travelling they would give me 6*5 days instead .so in short they were really nice to deal with and going by everyones comments the actual course itself is put across really well .il keep u posted and imlooking forward to getting started:cool:

well i signed up tdy over the phone and i due to start a week on the 4th jan .took a deposit over the phone from my visa card said he'll send a training book and any relevant paperwork asap ,very nice guy to deal with .anybody else going on that date ?;)

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Jim,you wont be dissapointed with the level of training at NTPS , i passed my c&g with them back in july and am now currently doing my nvq with them at the moment. Paul is a great guy and always offers good practical advice, even now and i am self employed.

HI Jim,you wont be dissapointed with the level of training at NTPS , i passed my c&g with them back in july and am now currently doing my nvq with them at the moment. Paul is a great guy and always offers good practical advice, even now and i am self employed.
thanks mate ,im fair looking forward to getting started .any comments on places to stay and eat and stuff would b appreciated .iv just booked into a travelodge for the first time (oldham )so i guess il find out about the area when im there but its good to have another opinion .do they have anywhere around there for food and stuff ?i cant really take sandwiches in !:D

hi jim. Im think you will enjoy your time with NTPS I did! There is a good butty shop and chippy across the road and a microwave and toaster in the kitchen you can use.
When I was there a bloke got a couple of weeks work so he took a break in his training - they did not charge him extra, when he came back he just carried on from where he left off. They go out of there way to help if they can.

I'm currently doing the distance learning and workshop method of leanring with NTPS. It's excellent. So glad I didn't go with one of the sale-centre! NTPS guy's really know their stuff and give one to one tuition. You can sit your exams at a moments notice ( well 30 mins notice anyway) so no need to book way in advance like some of the other companies. Workshop facilities are also everything you need. Enjoying every moment! I'd recommend them without hesitation.

Ive just found out the lads at NTPS ar now doing level 3 6129 which i know can lead on to gas. just thought id spread the word!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NTPS Training in Hyde in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock