Search the forum,

Discuss Off set pan connector. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All.
Just wanna make sure that I'm doing this right.
Had a lot of difficulty getting the new toilet pan to sit where I want it. Nothing seemed to line up. I then discover that this offset connector will resolve all the alignment issues.
Rather than try to explain, I've provided some pictures.
I can provide more info if required. I just thought illustrations maybe better than my poorly written description. Haha

Your input will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220823_222345_169.jpg
    IMG_20220823_222345_169.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20220823_222459_174.jpg
    IMG_20220823_222459_174.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220823_224637_027.jpg
    IMG_20220823_224637_027.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 16
Does the toilet need to come towards the waste or do you need it more away ?

Right now I can't quite remember. I'll be honest, I'm knackered. My main question though, which I didn't in anyway make clear, is... will this combination of connectors be leak proof if assembled in this manner?
I wasn't sure if I need to fit the sealing flange back onto the bottom of 90° bend, then cut a piece of soil pipe, fit it over the flange that is now situated on the 90° bend and then insert the soil pipe into the top of the offset connector. I just worried that the connection between the bend and offset is not very snug. I'm worried about it not being snug enough to keep out smells and any chance of it leaking. I've not tried fitting a soil pipe as a filler yet. Mainly because I haven't got any. I may be worrying unnecessarily.
Thanks for taking the time to reply

No there not designed for that

If it’s closer to the soil this should do straight into the drain

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-wc-con8-90-wc-pan-connector-white-110mm/7102p

I would personally use an MKO2 multikwi or equivalent, a rigid/semi rigid piece in between, such as a cut off section of an mkea, the the 90 pan connector into that.
Hi. I found this post in a previous thread that I believe you took part in. Forgive my ignorance, is not the forum member 'Undertrained' suggesting the same as I have just proposed?

I must admit I am a little unsure what you were referring to when you stated "No there not designed for that"

Thanks for the recommended WC con8.
I'm a little unsure buying something, only for it not to work.
I probably ought to do some careful measuring now that I've constructed the wall that the pan will sit against.
Thanks again

So, it's gone midnight and I've just carried the new toilet pan into the bathroom to carefully measure up.

With the 'back to wall' pan in its correct position against the wall, the current pan connector is 25mm too far back from centre line of the soil pipe. For clarification, the pan would need pulling away from the wall to correctly align the current pan connector with the soil pipe. This would therefore create a 25mm gap between the wall and the rear of the 'back to wall' pan. Obviously, this is less than ideal. 🤣.
I hope that is clear.

I now know that I need a pan connector that measures 95mm from the centre line of the vertical pipe to the end of the flange that sits over the pan spigot. I hope they're the correct terms.

For those of you that spotted the other possible issue, if you looked at the photos, I'm having to connect to a cast iron soil pipe. Its internal diameter is around 120mm. 4¾". As you can see from the photos, someone has reduced it's diameter to 100mm through the use of some compound. My guess putty.

Is there a fitting that has the all important 95mm measurements (flange to centreline of vertical pipe) and will accommodate the cast iron fitting?

I notice that the WC Con 80 has a measurement of 88mm. (flange to Centreline of vertical pipe). Is this close enough? And is there a version that will accommodate the 120mm internal diameter of the cast iron soil pipe?

If there is nothing to accommodate the cast iron fitting, should I chop out the existing putty from the cast iron and drop a piece of plastic 100mm soil pipe in and fill the gap between the plastic and cast iron with putty or something else that you may recommend.

Sorry, loads of questions there.

Your help is much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20220824_002137_077.jpg
    IMG_20220824_002137_077.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20220824_002203_880.jpg
    IMG_20220824_002203_880.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi. I found this post in a previous thread that I believe you took part in. Forgive my ignorance, is not the forum member 'Undertrained' suggesting the same as I have just proposed?

I must admit I am a little unsure what you were referring to when you stated "No there not designed for that"

Thanks for the recommended WC con8.
I'm a little unsure buying something, only for it not to work.
I probably ought to do some careful measuring now that I've constructed the wall that the pan will sit against.
Thanks again

There designed for a pan outlet which is bigger than the od of the pan connector hence why it doesn’t feel tight when your connecting

With your bent pan connector it’s the extended type

The connection from the pan whether it be pan connector or extension / adapter needs to fit directly into the cast iron pipe, not into the collar with the 100mm piece in it and could be offset / reduced at that point
Check internal measurement.

Ideally cut the sides of the flange off for neatness, but clean out the interior of the flange otherwise.
The interior of the pipe will probably need de-rusting for a smooth finish for the seal to fit into.

Re the 25mm offset, firstly short offsets of the type you show are best avoided as they can easily block.
Also anything with a flexi is best avoided for the same reason.

Did you allow for tile or finish on the wall when you checked?

How do the measurements of these fit,
........... WC con8a Mcp.PNG.jpg
WC extd 10mm.PNG

The connection from the pan whether it be pan connector or extension / adapter needs to fit directly into the cast iron pipe, not into the collar with the 100mm piece in it and could be offset / reduced at that point
Check internal measurement.

Ideally cut the sides of the flange off for neatness, but clean out the interior of the flange otherwise.
The interior of the pipe will probably need de-rusting for a smooth finish for the seal to fit into.

Re the 25mm offset, firstly short offsets of the type you show are best avoided as they can easily block.
Also anything with a flexi is best avoided for the same reason.

Did you allow for tile or finish on the wall when you checked?

How do the measurements of these fit,
........... View attachment 77256
View attachment 77254
Hi Snowhead
Thanks for this. I ended up buying a MAC 8, which is almost perfect. The vertical pipe aligned just right with the centre of cast iron collar that protrudes from the floor. I was advised to drop a cutdown length of 110mm soil pipe into the collar and seal this into the collar using CT1. The finned section of the MAC8 would then push into this 110mm soil pipe.
This sounded acceptable.
However, after seeing your post and a little investigation it would appear that a better solution would be to drop a MAC EXTB or your suggested WC EXTB into the cast iron pipe. I have now determined that the internal measurements of the soil pipe is hovering somewhere around 88mm(difficult to measure accurately because of the build up of rust), so I think this will work. Other than length, I can't work out what the difference is between the MAC EXTB and the WC EXTB. Thanks again.

Tbh you could clean the collar out and use a piece of 110mm and expanding foam it in half the depth of the collar and put a cement cap ontop to fill in the rest of the collar

The WC EXTC or D have the inlet and outlet centres offset, by 10mm.
The MAC EXTA or B or C have the inlet and outlet centres inline
The WC EXTC or D have the inlet and outlet centres offset, by 10mm.
The MAC EXTA or B or C have the inlet and outlet centres inline
Hi Snowhead.
So, if I got the WC EXTD as you suggested, that would allow me a little wiggle room for any slight misalignment, by rotating the fitting.
And for confirmation, the WC EXTD, reduces down to 88mm/3½"

Reply to Off set pan connector. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock