Discuss Off to church in the morn..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's just it. It was not difficult. I stopped it all in one go. Smoking, drinking, all drugs. It was easy. The hardest one though was alcohol. Because I was chef I liked to eat fine foods and fine wines. So I stopped that for a yr, then I bought a bottle of wine and would see if I could just have 1 glass. I ended up drinking the whole bottle. So I stopped for 6 more months and tried again and succeeded. Now I can enjoy a glass of fine wines with fine foods. I was chuffed

But that's just it. It was not difficult. I stopped it all in one go. Smoking, drinking, all drugs. It was easy. The hardest one though was alcohol. Because I was chef I liked to eat fine foods and fine wines. So I stopped that for a yr, then I bought a bottle of wine and would see if I could just have 1 glass. I ended up drinking the whole bottle. So I stopped for 6 more months and tried again and succeeded. Now I can enjoy a glass of fine wines with fine foods. I was chuffed

Well in! Life would be rubbish without a glass of red and a good meal!

Still all you though ;-)

Good on you mutley. I personally can't or don't (not sure which) believe in religion....
However your faith has brought you through some very troubled times and that can only be a good thing. I salute you my friend and hope that you remain on the right path with or without religion.

On a lighter and somewhat facetious note i might add that plumbing in general has saved many souls from the vice of drugs......we simply can't afford them:)

I think it is awesome what you're doing collin. I am not religious but belive in Jesus. I was just a down and out druggy 13yrs ago living on the streets of London. I ended up going to a little island called Sark in the channel islands. Pretending to be a chef I was. There I met a young girl from south africa who was just the most amazing person I had come across. She was so happy all the time and never need any of the drink and drugs to enjoy life. So I wanted some of what she had. Now I have a decent job as a plumber, a clean life and I married that girl. I have been so blessed.I shall Pray for you for tomorrow collin. For your healing

I know the feeling, 13 years ago I was just a plumber, now I'm an alcoholic druggy!

Fair play though, that's an amazing life story. Well done.

Each to their own mutley, glad you found a purpose mate. My biggest question to believers is always who made god? Is god actually part of another race?

I'm afraid its a bit difficult for me to go to church due to what i shout out, im still accepted however its a bit difficult when your telling the priest he is a pervert.

Good luck system

Worked in a christian hospital for 31/2 years great place you were more than welcome to join in the services but not forced on you and I met a great many people who got great comfort from from their faith the head surgeon often held a service played piano and lead with the hymns great character so good luck to all who believe but I wouldn't condemn those that do not regards turnpin

Yea lot's of people ask that one. But God just is and had always been. That is where faith comes in. But then again, you need to ask if the man whose birth decided history AD/BC was either a liar or a total lunatic. Or actually is The Lord. And come to think of it, most of all the famous artists used Him as the centre piece of their work

Lovely story mutley! True heartfelt stuff. Me personally I'm not a big believer. I was always taken to Sunday school as a kid but it was never really for me. But sometimes in life we all need that little extra hope. And at the moment I'm hoping for a full system I priced last week. Say one for me Colin!

I wonder if he's confessed his sins yet. Maybe singing?
come by are my lord...:37:

The congregation is probably staring in disbelief at him holding the empty bottle of red wine while he looks around shouting "WHAT?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Off to church in the morn..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back