Discuss ofte.c warmpron. @ t Total Trade Services aka tempo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

puddy

oftec warmfront Total Trade Services aka tempo

In Feb 2011 I had a new oil tank and boiler fitted by total trade services it took them since Feb 2011 until sep 2011 to do the work. We are still having problems with how the work done.

The CD10 & CD11 forms they left are counterfeit they never informed the council they needed a building regs compliance certificate so the instillation is illegal

Every oil join they made leaked I have Bosch out 5 times my own heating engineer been 3 times Gledhill 3 times.

Trading Standards say you do not need Oftec trained personal any competent person can install an oil Tank and oil boiler is this true?

This was done by warmfront and installed by Total Trade Service aka Tempo

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you complained to warmfront Yet? Put your complaint in writing and if you don't hear anything complain to your MP.

Oftec wil be of no use, they wanted £'000 to inspect a poorly installed commercial job and it was installed by one of there members (on paper anyway?)

I know that but it might bring some of these "cowboys" to their attention?

Complain to warm front or whatever they are calling themselves these days. At least dick turpin wore a mask as he robbed someone.

Re: oftec warmfront Total Trade Services aka tempo

Thanks for the replies

Before Xmas I found out the cd10 cd11 forms TTS gave me are counterfeit and they never got the correct building regs form from the council. Oftec found that there are only 4 members of staff were oftec registered so cross referenced them with the engineer who fitted the systems and they did not match. They are up to using/changing names with the 4 engineers who are oftec registered with members of staff who are not oftec registered. Trading standards say you don’t need to be oftec registered are they correct?

I have phone and written to all the below

Warmfront
Trading standards
Oftec
DECC
Dep’t Envoiment because the their logo is on the bottom of the cd10 & cd11
Council no building control
MP

So far I have paid out over £300 to fix problems with leaks on the oil line outside and inside house
too. I think to get everything made legal will cost me over £600 Total Trade Servicing aka Tempo did over £1000 damage to my Boilmate 2000 because they dry fired it. Their electrician took over 3 hours to replace a manual thermostat with a Honeywell CM907

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all you do not need to be oftec registered to install an oil boiler etc. You must either be oftec registered or apply to building control the same as you would building an extension. The building control officer would then check that the installation complys with building regulations and he would sign it off, you would then need to have it commissioned by a oftec engineer. Being oftec registered means that you can self certify your own work and building control does not need to get invloved other than informing them that the work has been completed.
First of all if you can prove that the installation was not done by an oftec engineer it has been installed without building rehs which is only enforcable by the planning dept. Secondly if the company is operating a fiddle with their engineers signing off work Oftec could strike the company off there books or in your case they can insist the engineers finish the job off properly or risk being struck off. There are quite a few companys that have been struck off by oftec because they have not done the job properly despite being given a second chance. Next the warmfront scheme sometimes does a check on work done by companies. I think all you need to do is make 3 phone calls and put the wheels in motion.
Oftec does a form for their engineers for non compliant work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ofte.c warmpron. @ t Total Trade Services aka tempo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I wanted to start a new more dedicated thread as I am on about 3 just now in one way or another trying to get up to speed with my problem. The...
Replies
Views
K
Has anyone done any work for a company called Total Trade Services their offices are in North Wales? They do alot of the grant funded work i.e...
Replies
Views
O
First things first; I'm not Oftec, but I was looking at both Oftec and Hetas for the future possibilities and then thought I'd type this up...
Replies
Views
P
French Plumbing Sorry that this is over 4 postings, it was too much for one posting, so please bear with me There is not much difference...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock