Discuss oil boiler noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
my own oil boiler at home is making quite a hi pitch noise (like a bearing or something id imagine) everytime its on, and stays on whilts the burner is on , boiler is a worcester danesmoor, running on an open vent system , the ch pump thats by the boiler has been replaced last week as it was tripping the electric! i think the noise is getting worse , boiler is in outside shed and i can now hear it from the house when its on!!! noise has been going for a few weeks now!

do i have to replace the whole thing or can i replace the bearing or something?? im changing the whol boiler in 2-3 weeks for a condensing, if its a cheep fix ill do it just for the practice!

Might be both. Shaft seals on pump could have gone and kerosene got into the motor bearings. Just leave it, you might get 2 to 3 weeks out of it.

how would i go about doing that simon , ill strip it all down once ive taken it out anyway just to see!!

we have a warmflow in one house and a worcester in touro won house, ive bought a second hand grant one off a mate, its only 2 yrs old, only paid £60 for it!

They good but I don't know much about oil got it at my house, just cracking bit of kit. Gas by trade, oil usage is low compoared to Rayburn

It will probably be the bearing on the pump end. A 6202rs bearing will do it. About 4quid on ebay. Get the *** or skf bearing the cheap quid ones dont last long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil boiler noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone can offer any advice/solutions... I have a boiler, a Valient EcoTec 28 pro, which was fitted a year ago. It makes a droning...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock