Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss oil boiler noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
my own oil boiler at home is making quite a hi pitch noise (like a bearing or something id imagine) everytime its on, and stays on whilts the burner is on , boiler is a worcester danesmoor, running on an open vent system , the ch pump thats by the boiler has been replaced last week as it was tripping the electric! i think the noise is getting worse , boiler is in outside shed and i can now hear it from the house when its on!!! noise has been going for a few weeks now!

do i have to replace the whole thing or can i replace the bearing or something?? im changing the whol boiler in 2-3 weeks for a condensing, if its a cheep fix ill do it just for the practice!

Might be both. Shaft seals on pump could have gone and kerosene got into the motor bearings. Just leave it, you might get 2 to 3 weeks out of it.

how would i go about doing that simon , ill strip it all down once ive taken it out anyway just to see!!

we have a warmflow in one house and a worcester in touro won house, ive bought a second hand grant one off a mate, its only 2 yrs old, only paid ÂŁ60 for it!

They good but I don't know much about oil got it at my house, just cracking bit of kit. Gas by trade, oil usage is low compoared to Rayburn

It will probably be the bearing on the pump end. A 6202rs bearing will do it. About 4quid on ebay. Get the *** or skf bearing the cheap quid ones dont last long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil boiler noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock