Discuss Oil burner comes on when timer is in standby in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonnystewart

Hi,

I have noticed that when my heating timer is in standby - that the oil burner still comes on. It burns but does not heat the house.

Could the issue be due to a motorized valve issue?

In my heating system there are 3 motorized valves (sunvic) - I take it one if for heating downstairs, one for upstairs and one for hot water.

All help is appreciated.

Jonathan

Could well be a stuck microswitch in one of the valve heads, Sunvic are not one of my favourite makes. Time to get the electrical test gear out.

Thanks Simon,

Out of interest - these are 2 port valves - is it just a matter of removing the top of the valve and using a volt meter to test.

If it was a microswitch problem - is it a complete new valve I would need or just a part?

What make of valve would you suggest.

Thanks

Jonathan

I would test in wiring centre to see which one is giving you a live supply.

Personally I would replace the head, others on here are a bit more techy on these things and could advise further.

I like honeywell, have a lot less issues than Sunvic, Horstman, Danfoss etc. But if the valve is fine just drop a new head on.

If it is not the microswitch it is more likely to be the synchron motor stuck in the open position leaving the microswitch activated, the gears in the motor usually jam and stick open. You can replace the motor but you would be better off changing the head assimong says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil burner comes on when timer is in standby in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, Hopefully someone can throw some light on if this is a real issue or not. I have had this boiler for about 10 years, I noticed just recently...
Replies
Views
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock