Discuss Oil fired boiler fires for 30-60 seconds then cuts out?!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

strainers1

Hello,boiler ran out off oil and the fella has filled up tank. He asked me to bleed so I went down and got the oil to the burner. It fires for 30-60 seconds then cuts out with the red lift on boiler coming on. There is a flow to the burner but won't stay on. Would this be oil pump maybe? It's an old boiler,20+ years.
Any help would be great,thanks very much!!

Draw off at least a litre of oil first to make sure you have got rid of all the air before you go any further and that the oil is free flowing

Draw off at least a litre of oil first to make sure you have got rid of all the air before you go any further and that the oil is free flowing

Thanks for reply. I would have drawn off about a litre. When I was bleeding tho it never seemed to really flow(pump) out all that much. Usually once boiler fires the oil would really start pumping out whereas with this one it was only slowly dripping.
The oil tank is only a metre or so away from boiler+is 3/4 full. Am pretty sure no air but unsure what else it could be?!?

Try from outside by the fire valve if its running there. Could be a blocked filter either at the tank, before the fire alive itself or both.

Kink in the flex?

Where are you bleeding from? (And no, that's not a cockney asking you your home town...) :)

Haha Bunker, that actually made me laugh out loud lol.
Air lock in the fuel pump?
definitely some kind of oil issue.

strainers old son, having looked at your previous posts it worries me that you are always "helping" your cousin or mate but know absolutely nothing about what your doing. Your messing with a boiler could cause a fatality idc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil fired boiler fires for 30-60 seconds then cuts out?!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock