Discuss Old 1/2 inch stop tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Does anyone know where you can by the old 1/2 inch stop taps? Or an adapter for the slightly bigger nut to 15mm?

The thread on the body of the stop tap is too big for a 15mm nut but to small for 22mm nut. It is only just too big for the 15mm nut. The nut that was attached to the old stop tap is also just too big for a 15mm stop tap thread(obviously as the other bit was too big).

Changing the pipe from external tap to the internal tap would involve smashing up the floor inside and outside so I would like to find a solution that doesn't involve that.

Remove the olive and then you can remove the old nut. Then just fit a 15mm tap with its own nuts.

Either use an olive puller or carefully cut most of the way through the olive with a hacksaw and then split it off with a screwdriver- take care not to damage the pipe.

Reply to Old 1/2 inch stop tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I've bought my first house - needs a fair bit of work doing to it, including the plumbing. I'm keen to do stuff...
Replies
Views
T
Replacing a rusty radiator (installed 2000) the brass head of the Danfoss lockshield sheared off as it reached fully closed. I assumed that it was...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock