Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Old Combi Boiler Firestop Advice please in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
20230221_154733.jpg

We have 28 year old Valiant Combi Boiler in our Bungalow airing cupboard, where the vertical fan flue goes up into roof.

As you can see in photo, we need a firestop plate,
A) for fire safety
B) Hopefully seal around pipe may stop warm air travelling through gap into roof space, and causing condensation, although not sure how hot that pipe gets to be honest

Tried Google search, but wasn't made any wiser I guess I need something which fits to the ceiling which I can put around the pipe in 2 halves.

Please could someone point me in right direction, as to what I need to order and roughly how its fitted.

Thanks

Thanks mate, so I basically need something similar to this which will fit my flue pipe, or are they all standard diameter?

Should be stnd that one fits 100mm od dia

Reply to Old Combi Boiler Firestop Advice please in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to...
Replies
Views
J
Boiler broke over Xmas and needs replacing and I’m tempted to move away from our 1985 gravity fed system and get a combi as many other parts of...
Replies
Views
Jack Canfield
J
Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock