Discuss Old Danfoss control box - is there a replacement? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DustyM

Gents,

I have a customer with an old Beta 2 oil boiler that has an Inter 2011 burner fitted. I need a new control box for this burner but cannot find a replacement for the Danfoss BHO21 that is currently fitted. HWOS seem to think it's a BHO74 but can't confirm at present due to things being a bit hectic with them. Has anyone replaced one of these control boxes? If so, then with what?

Cheers

Not personally but I've come across a few with TF830.3 controllers that have been fitted.

I googled it & the Danfoss conversion tables say the BHO 74 is the correct replacement for the BHO 21.

rewire with satronic box, really easy, base, box, p/cell and lead required takes 30 mins tops.

I googled it & the Danfoss conversion tables say the BHO 74 is the correct replacement for the BHO 21.

According to my danfoss service book it says the loa 44 is the replacement

Yes, I also read that it is the LOA 44 on another Danfoss table. Not sure what I am reading, - perhaps old info? That's the trouble with looking stuff up on the Internet! :smile:

wrong table, reading wrong way loa44 to bho omho try table on page 70 ie your looking to replace danfoss with danfoss, the other table is to replace landis n staffa with danfoss

Last edited by a moderator:
wrong table, reading wrong way loa44 to bho omho try table on page 70 ie your looking to replace danfoss with danfoss, the other table is to replace landis n staffa with danfoss

No definetly got it right page 71 is landis and staeffa to danfoss, page 70 column 1 is old danfoss to be converted to col 4 new replacement loa 44

Is it not that either replacement is correct? LOA 44 will be latest replacement.
Landis are same as Danfoss?

Last edited:
I suspect that they are one and the same made by danfoss the loa is a later control box to the 64. If you check out the part number it is the same part numbers as used for the danfoss boxes.
Some boiler manufacturers use the loa instead of the bho because the timing sequences are different in both boxes and might suit one type of boiler

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old Danfoss control box - is there a replacement? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Replacing a remote gas control valve with its manual equivalent. My daughter has a gas coal effect fire. First, I know they're crap, she'll just...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm looking for suggestions on heating controls. We'll be upgrading our boiler (To a modulating oil system boiler - EOGB Sapphire)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock