Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Old glow worm 30 ci combi in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

im reading the manual for this boiler but I don't understand what I need to adhieve for the flue gas anaylser? I know it requires 3.4m3/h on a gas rate test with dhw on full? I'm getting 2.7m3/h.
    Also how to i adhieve for low firing on this boiler?

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Don’t think you can on the old ci or cxi range. Think it is just within normal standards for high, unless it has the potentiometer on the back of pcb specifically for high and low? but I cannot remember off the top of my head and I am not at home to check for you mate. Did you -your 10% for the gas rate that you are allowed to?
    Sorry if this is a confusing message.

3. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

Yeah it's an old boiler and in the manual there's no word for adjusting from max to min. I don't understand about the 10% ? Thanks for your response.

4. Harvest Fields

Gas rate allowance is normally the spot on figure -10% or + 5 % but you are still nowhere near the 3.4 you need

Somebody may correct me on this. (Or in the manual there maybe a figure next to the gas rate box)

5. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

It only says 3.4 no tolerances. I got 2.7 but flue gas analyser reading was not too bad. It is a medium operating pressure gas meter.

6. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

The appliance is undergassed... What was the pressure at meter and appliance? Don't know about the boiler in question but probably a partial blockage?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Harvest Fields

I would put money on undersized gas pipe myself but might as well be a blockage

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

4 meters of 22mm pipe that's runs up the wall then into gas boiler no other gas appliance. My gas ratio was .0014

• Like Like x 1
  9. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

Need pressures. W.P. at meter and at appliance as Sam said.
    You need to get in the habit of taking readings.
    It will make things a lot more obvious to you when trying to diagnose something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

Wp at meter 19mb

11. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

What is it at the appliance?

12. Inverness

Inverness Plumber GSR

13. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

The page you want is 32 of this book I think.
    Go to this Link.

14. Bibbs118

Bibbs118 GSR

0.0014 is fine.

15. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Get gas supplier out to adjust governor on meter may even be faulty