Discuss Open plumbing vent pipe in the upstairs wardrobe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

looking for advice and help here. We recently noticed weird smell in one of our upstairs room wardrobe, and cleaned up the whole wardrobe to no avail. We noticed this ope vent pipe inside the wardrobe and the smell seems to be coming from this.

can anyone help me in figuring out what this is? And should this be open? What should i do to fet this sorted ?

Attachments

• FE3F61AF-F4C3-4DBC-BDA4-3BE04F9F8D61.jpeg
    FE3F61AF-F4C3-4DBC-BDA4-3BE04F9F8D61.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 23
Its a upstand trap intended for a washing machine or dishwasher.
Temporary fix just pour some water down open pipe that will restore seal water that was in probably evaporated.
Probably no reason it cannot be capped off pipe going out looks like 1 1/2 solvent weld pipe just get suitable cap end.

Thank you so much @exedon2 for helping out. Its a big relief to know its not something bigger.

while I will definitely pour in the water right now as the temporary fix as advised,
may I ask if you know whats a permanent fix?

As long as there is water in trap you will not have a problem. If you don't fancy capping it yourself maybe next time you have a plumber on premises get them to sort it few minutes work.

Remove the trap and put this on the end of the pipe

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-t23u-multifit-blanking-plug-white-40mm/96079

Reply to Open plumbing vent pipe in the upstairs wardrobe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I am in the process of trying to open a new Plumbing Wholesalers in Wales / Western England. I have identified distributors and...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
L
Hello so we have just recently remodeled and I cannot remember if we were experiencing this before in our bathroom upstairs but, there’s a strong...
Replies
Views
LeAnn Trigg
L
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Back