Search the forum,

Discuss Open plumbing vent pipe in the upstairs wardrobe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

looking for advice and help here. We recently noticed weird smell in one of our upstairs room wardrobe, and cleaned up the whole wardrobe to no avail. We noticed this ope vent pipe inside the wardrobe and the smell seems to be coming from this.

can anyone help me in figuring out what this is? And should this be open? What should i do to fet this sorted ?

Attachments

• FE3F61AF-F4C3-4DBC-BDA4-3BE04F9F8D61.jpeg
    FE3F61AF-F4C3-4DBC-BDA4-3BE04F9F8D61.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 20
Its a upstand trap intended for a washing machine or dishwasher.
Temporary fix just pour some water down open pipe that will restore seal water that was in probably evaporated.
Probably no reason it cannot be capped off pipe going out looks like 1 1/2 solvent weld pipe just get suitable cap end.

Thank you so much @exedon2 for helping out. Its a big relief to know its not something bigger.

while I will definitely pour in the water right now as the temporary fix as advised,
may I ask if you know whats a permanent fix?

As long as there is water in trap you will not have a problem. If you don't fancy capping it yourself maybe next time you have a plumber on premises get them to sort it few minutes work.

Remove the trap and put this on the end of the pipe

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-t23u-multifit-blanking-plug-white-40mm/96079

Reply to Open plumbing vent pipe in the upstairs wardrobe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock