Discuss Outdoor Tap Lacks Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AndyLondon

Thanks in advance for any help on this. I have super powerful water pressure in my house then there is a tap feeding through the wall from the kitchen sink area to the outside with a shut off tap on it just outside the wall. This pipe then goes underground for about 10-15m up a small slope where it goes into my garage. Here the pipe feeds into a washing machine and then also out through the garage wall to an outdoor tap.

My problem is that this outdoor tap has really bad pressure to it - more of a dribble than a spurt and so I wondered if the problems is likely to be with the pipe underground (although the washing machine gets sufficient water) or with the tap itself. If with the tap, is this a hard thing to remedy - stick on new tap?

Thanks again

Andy

If your getting good flow at the washing machine then it is quite possibly the tap. If it has a double check valve within the tap then it is probably goosed. Take the tap off and check flow without it, to confirm.

Hi Andy

Why not try turning the water off then removing the tap and seeing what the flow is like. As its a garden tap your not going to make a lot of mess and it will answer your question.

Cool, thanks guys. So I'll detach the tap bit, leaving just a little bit of pipe poking out and test the flow on that.
Does the main tap body tend to be attached to the pipe by a threaded screw type attachment i.e. should I just unscrew it with a wrench?

you should be able to twist it out of the backplate by hand! or if its stiff with a pair of grips. first though check to see that there is not an isolation valve beneath the sink that is almost closed and practically closing off the supply.

Sorry, do you mean the isolation valve would be inside the house under the sink connected to the pipe leading outside?

you may have a isolation valve inside the garage before the pipe goes outside? if the wash mac supply is fine then it makes sense that the problem is from the part of the pipe past where the wash mac supply connects to, if there is an iso valve past this point it may be the problem.

turn of the water, remove the outside tap complete, turn water back on and see what ya got, replace tap/stick old en back on. make sure you have some ptfe tape before you start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outdoor Tap Lacks Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
P
Outdoor water tap not giving water. Out of the wall is this strange junction with a turntable square pin. Then a pipe going up towards a tap on...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock