Discuss overflow fitting leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
overflow.jpgCan anyone advise on best way to stop a washbasin leaking where the overflow adapter sits, the part marked. Should I use plumbers mait between the overflow fitting and the plastic nut as when plug is pulled water is leaking from nut

Last edited:
View attachment 1435Can anyone advise on best way to stop a washbasin leaking where the overflow adapter sits, the part marked. Should I use plumbers mait between the overflow fitting and the plastic nut as when plug is pulled water is leaking from nut

Use silicone sealant, plumbers mait is excellent for making pasticine like characters like morph from "Tony Harts" popular 1980s chilldrens television series
"Hart Beat".

yeah it looks like a crappy waste kit - go and get something better . . ..

Plumbers mait is crap, and you shouldn't have to use silicon on parts like you suggest!

Thanks everyone for your replies, I have now replaced the whole waste for something better

Plumbers mait is crap, and you shouldn't have to use silicon on parts like you suggest!

plumbers mait is ideal for this type of thing and would have sealed the leak perfectly, i have fitted tons of baths and whb's sealing the taps and waste gratings with plumbers mait for about 20yrs, never had one leak yet

Your right you shouldnt have to use silicone on the parts, but if the original poster had done he wouldnt be posting on here because it wouldnt be leaking.

plumbers mait is ideal for this type of thing and would have sealed the leak perfectly, i have fitted tons of baths and whb's sealing the taps and waste gratings with plumbers mait for about 20yrs, never had one leak yet
When ever ive used it its been fine, then it seems to "creep" out of the joint like that green ectoplasm from the popular 1980s feature film "Ghost Busters"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to overflow fitting leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock