Discuss P,d,m brass fittings is it for imperial or metric pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I went after college to do a homer but I had limited material as I didn't know what to expect. I Went to change the bath taps for a bath mixer but before I cut any pipe I noticed the brass fittings are stamped p,d,m can someone tell me if the copper pipe will be metric or imperial. So I know if I need green rings for next time I go round I'll be prepared.

Any old skool plumbers out there I just want to say I respect the patience and skill that was involved compared to nowadays.
as this bath pipe work must of been done first then the bath.

I can't really answer your question as I can't say I've seen it.

What you want to do is buy a few Stanley organisers and get a few fittings of each in compression and end feed and male irons female irons type thing. Then olives, fibre washers etc then you don't have to worry.

I can't really answer your question as I can't say I've seen it.

What you want to do is buy a few Stanley organisers and get a few fittings of each in compression and end feed and male irons female irons type thing. Then olives, fibre washers etc then you don't have to worry.

Then continue for a few years and you will have almost a mobile merchant like most of us on here

Good idea I'll do that. I didn't know you can get imperial and metric yorkie couplin. Amazing the stuff you can buy nowadays.

Good idea I'll do that. I didn't know you can get imperial and metric yorkie couplin. Amazing the stuff you can buy nowadays.

you cant only end feed

IMG_1261.jpg

Just for you lol
I got about six boxes left from a job lot I bought

would you be willing to sell some (ie one or two boxes)?

You can get solder ring (identical to Yorkshire) 3/4" x 22mm connectors in other brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to P,d,m brass fittings is it for imperial or metric pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock