Discuss Part installed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

james243

Hi guys, I have bought a home in spain, single level bungerlow. when I bought it there is a partially fitted central heating system which I would like to complete, but am a bit confused about how best to go about it. the boiler is an old, guessing 10 years, Ravenheat RFS100ET combi boiler, this has only been connected to supply hot water to the taps and works fine supplying water to the kitchen and bathroom. under the boiler are two 22mm copper pipes that are not connected and disappear into the wall. They reappear at a manifold which has two white pex pipes feeds and two white pex pipes returns, in each room there are two white pex pipes emerging from the wall. All pipes are buried in the floor and walls. With a bit of detective work and lots of blowing I have determined it has been laid out as a one pipe system.
So pipe A from the manifold supplies the feed in the living room, the second pipe, then supplies the feed in bedroom 1 and the other supplies the feed in the bathroom, the second pipe then returning to the return pipe of the manifold. similarly feed pipe B at the manifold exits in bedroom 2 and the second pipe feeds bedroom 3 the second pipe then returning to the 2nd pipe on the return side of the manifold and thus to the boiler.
that is the system as it exists, I have bought radiators and the connectors for pex to 15mm copper, just need to know the best way to connect it up, as looking on the internet it all gets very confusing. do I just put the feed into the first rad and the second pipe out the rad which will feed the next rad, in which case for example all three rads in the first system will either be working full bore or not at all. Or do fit the feed into the rad and the output out of the rad to the next rad and then fit a pipe bridging the two. IMG_20170124_130730.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part installed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi.I have 6 caste iron rads and want to connect them all the lines are in with the stubs sticking out of the wall. There are two manifolds down...
Replies
Views
This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock