Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Part L compliance of a new boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
I've been asked to quote to replace a central heating boiler in a block of flats, the current system is a 50kW boiler on a timer and the occupants of the flats use Trv's to adjust the temperature in their flats so there is currently not a single thermostat in the building.
To comply with Part L do I really need to put a thermostat and presumably a 2 port valve on the pipework into each flat?

What happens if someone needs to change a rad or trv?
Drain the whole building?
Is it possible there is a cupboard with a set of isolation valves for each flat

Hiu each flat and use the existing pipe work as your main circuits in the building to each hiu if you can or repipe

What access to pipes do you have? HIU for each flat as above. Boiler and LLH in plant room with each flat taken off distribution header?
I can see flow and return in the boiler room, that's it. Splitting off separate circuits to each flat would be more than I'd want to take on. Anyone got any 'outside the box' ideas here?

so there is currently not a single thermostat in the building.
If it's a block of flats, there may be an external temperature / weather sensor.

If this is a 'communal heating system' there are special regulations that landlords need comply with, mainly to do with metering IIRC. I'm not familiar with the details but you can see the sort of thing involved here:
Don't be tricked into installing a non-compliant system for a song and then getting stiffed with the costs of upgrading it to a compliant one.

Reply to Part L compliance of a new boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was...
Replies
Views
Hi , recently moved into a DWH Barrett home , 3 bed house . The heating is zoned but in one bedroom only upstairs with the other bedrooms...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock