Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Part L confused in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbdoctor

can someone please explain do we need to be part l now or not ? because i have been reg boilers with gas safe and never been asked ? someone on here said it dont matter no more, I know someone on here will know lol

You need it for sure if your installing hw cylinders
& boilers, as they are both detailed as controlled services. Although the course info is a bit out dated (I try to keep mine up to date & relevant) & there is talk of it being updated, it is still a requirement to have it to show competence.

I would guess that it will be updated next year & may be made a re-newable one like the Part G i.e. every 5 years (instead of being ever green) due to the changes caused with the introduction of the Euro Pump Directive (no more 15/50, 60's) on the 1st Jan. This is just MHO

When Gas Safe took over they dropped the requirement to be part L to notify boilers and cylinders. If they don't want it I can't see the point really.

got it 5 years ago is it for life or renewable every 5 years .

I got told we needed it by ciphe, and it lasts 5 years. Hope this helps. Ps its
wa waste of time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part L confused in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with...
Replies
Views
Hi , recently moved into a DWH Barrett home , 3 bed house . The heating is zoned but in one bedroom only upstairs with the other bedrooms...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice please, our plumber has left us in it and I think I may know why. So they where supposed to be fitting a cloakroom sink...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock