Discuss Part P, From the horses mouth, info I have obatined in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi everyone,

Further on from my other Part P thread, I have managed to gain more information from the guy I have been working with (for) on weekends and also from Corgi themselves. I'm sharing this information for anyone who is interested or in the same boat as me. I have took on so much information the last 18 months from this forum, phone calls and my courses that it feels impossible to arrange it in my brain in any sort of logical order! lol

The man who has let me go out with him to learn on weekends went through the paperwork for commissioning a new install on the weekend (priceless). I asked him about the electrical qualifications needed to install the boiler (and the rest) and he confirmed that Part P is all that is required, and he has also registered with Corgi electrical (as you would Gas safe).

He completes the electrical work on his installs and he obviously knows what he's talking about, he is very professional and his customers are always happy with his work when ever I am with him and I can only hope to reach anywhere near his level of work in the future.

Also I spoke to Corgi yesterday afternoon and they confirmed that Part P is all you need but registering with them is NOT a legal requirement as the install job would be logged with Gas safe. From that I can take that if you know you don't want to do electrics on showers etc but you do want to do the electrics on boilers as long as you have Part P and you are GSR (obviously) you're good to go.

If this info is useful to just one person it was worth typing, it's helped me understand it clearer as I type it out so no skin off my nose. :)

page 9: general requirements: M and N ,
showers and cookers not notifiable if no new circuit......

i wonder if the installation of a higher rated (kw) shower or cooker needs notifying? due to the need to ensure cable size and protective devices are correct? im guess it would need to be if the fuse/cb was changed.

for example how many times do you get asked to fit a shower and find they want a 7kw changing for a 10kw. cant remember the number of times i have tried to explain the differences to a customer.

When you say 'they need notifying', who exactly?

in the form of a cert to who ever your registered to ie. corgi, or more likely nicieceeeecececece what ever there called:)

or you can notify to local building control and pay for them to inspect it for a few hundred squids.

in the form of a cert to who ever your registered to ie. corgi, or more likely nicieceeeecececece what ever there called:)

or you can notify to local building control and pay for them to inspect it for a few hundred squids.

if registered with Corgi, complete a cert and and send to them? would there be a cost involved or is it that just the procedure?

im thinking its an anual fee with a small fee if a building compliance cert is required, im not 100%sure. Ask your engineer how he deals with it. Im a qualified sparks but i dont get much electrical work for my private work so currently have no need to notify anything.

im thinking its an anual fee with a small fee if a building compliance cert is required, im not 100%sure. Ask your engineer how he deals with it. Im a qualified sparks but i dont get much electrical work for my private work so currently have no need to notify anything.
my sparks does it online
he's registered with elecsa
pays to be with them and pays a couple of quid when notifying

its a shame i dont get more electrical work really, ive got a grands worth of testing equipment sat in the cubby gathering dust.:(

sell it or get back into it, what about pv ? my sparks just got into it, he's busy even tho payments might be reduced, not mcs yet but gets someone in for £600 which cust pays,

sell it or get back into it, what about pv ? my sparks just got into it, he's busy even tho payments might be reduced, not mcs yet but gets someone in for £600 which cust pays,

Ask him in 2 weeks time if he's busy, I have been installing P.V for the last 3-4 months (with a big gap over Christmas!) and I expect the work to fall right off after March 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part P, From the horses mouth, info I have obatined in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back