Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Part-time self employment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scotty plumber

Hi all, Is or has anybody here ever been part-time self employed on top of a normal job ( working for a company ) Cheer's!!!!!!!

of course they have, even i, but that was 2 businesses not jobs.
mon, wed, thurs on one and the rest on the other.

i have heard of a guy couple of weeks ago, well known heating eng, works for boots 10-2am every day and turns up in his van all sign written.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive always fancied buying a van and working for myself at night/weekend's but when you take everything into consideration ie second job tax various insurances etc is it really worth it??

Taxed twice, more hassle, less quality time with family and start up costs are very high. If you're on a moderate income, your tax credits would be affected too.
Go through your local Business Gateway and after going to their meetings, decide if taking the plunge is what you really want.

I tried working solely for a company once full time and try to do my private jobs at night and weekend - nearly killed me. If your busy enough to set up on your own your too busy to work full time for someone else. And your kids won't know who you are if you've got any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part-time self employment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all I'm a limited company that's been running for 12 years and I have a lot of ongoing work, 99% commercial, and a lot of it plumbing, in...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
I have approx 2 weeks work in kingston i need a qualified plumber to assist me with starting on the 30th may. must be self employed, own tools...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some...
Replies
Views
    • Love
Hi All, usually come on here when I'm troubleshooting! Anyway I'm a builder, plenty of experience, from diy as a squatter in the 70's and 80's...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock