Discuss Passive flux in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
im mixing the two together this week as a test, if it works ill post my opinion.

It works.
Probably not a good idea though as mixing two stable chemical compounds can create a potentially dangerous hybrid.

I abhor powerflux and normally use la-co.
Im doing bathrooms refurbing work on council estate at moment and get provided with powerflux. The acid in it is annoying as it stops fittings going on full slip sometimes and also makes it harder to spin or remove fittings from pipe. So when assembling those hard to reach joints under the bath i use my own la-co but my brush is already covered in powerflux....this is how i know mixing works...:banghead:

i prefere powerflow as it works better but it binds fittings like a titch, so ive been using laco recently. Its ok but does not run and give you the confidence you get with how powerflow works.

I used to mix fluxes years back with good results, but have never tried powerflow and laco. I used to mix powerflow with a non self cleaning flux 50/50 and it worked really well and never caused fittings to bind. My old compay stopped buying the standard flux so i converted to just powerflow but not through choice.

Last edited:
We were supposed to use powerflow on the warmfront jobs but I never get on with it so I used to get powerflow on the company account and swap it for everflux with a guy who liked it. I them filled an empty powerflow pot with the everflux so if H&S came round it looked like I was using the flux they specified.

Eye: This product has been tested and found to be non-irritating to eyes. Solids may cause
temporary irritation as a foreign object in the eye. trust me it does hurt your eyes. I got a splat of laco in one once and vision went blurry for about 2 hours. i was under the pipe soldering mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Passive flux in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm currently refurbishing a room. Plumber has been in for first fix to lay new pipework for new radiators. He's laid fresh copper pipe, however...
Replies
Views
I have flushed a CH system removed each Rad and removed any residue of black sludge filled the system up and treated with inhibitor. However after...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
B
Hi there, Have bought an old house and am having the old lead water mains pipe replaced and a new stopcock location/piping installed after...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock