Search the forum,

Discuss PAT Testing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all

I'm starting to sub to BG soon and I need my henry hoover and my DeWalt 24v drill PAT tested. Do any of you out there know how much this should roughly cost or how much you currently pay as I am newly self employed and have never had to pay for this to be done.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Tom

Try these, quoting from £0.50 per item, but probably 20 or more at this price. Company based in Birmingham. There are quite a few others in your area that may be cheaper for the two items.

HOME - PAT Testing - PAT Testing UK

Kevin

your 24v drill doesnt need pat testing, just leave the charger at home. Cheapest option, buy some pat testing labels, sign and date. Personally if your using kit then you normally make sure its safe to go and I for one dont lend kit out so why the need for pat testing, typical of a company taking heath and safety to far.

I have an electrician mate who did a stint on the pat testing to fill in between real jobs.
Asked him how many actually failed. None in the 6 weeks he did it. Maybe he was just lucky:D

Op if you are getting pat testing done get them to do everything you have as there will be a minimum charge. The green stickers are not enough for the big mobs i'm afraid. You will need the certificate too. Don't know how BG operate but you may need it done every 3 months.

I suppose it keeps someone in a job.

I also think it just keeps somebody in a job, used to work at connaught and we had our stuff pat tested every three months by the sparkies who worked on contracts that where dry. BG are ok with an annual check but you gotta have certs to prove it.

thanks all for your advice

your 24v drill doesnt need pat testing, just leave the charger at home. Cheapest option, buy some pat testing labels, sign and date. Personally if your using kit then you normally make sure its safe to go and I for one dont lend kit out so why the need for pat testing, typical of a company taking heath and safety to far.
any appliance with is portable and 240v needs to be confirmed as safe, it isnt just about "you" using "your" equipment in someone's house, they need to be protected as well, they could stand on a dodgy cable

Kirk, they want the 110's done too. Jobs for the boys mainly but i suppose there are some numb nuts out there who tape the wires and that kind of stuff.

Just got rid of a guy on friday, worked for me for 3 weeks. Reason........ stupidity. He can kill himself (or some other poor soul) somewhere else. He could do the job ok but fk me, he was oblivious to anything. A walking liability. His name was Pat btw:D

It wizny. It was Alec:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I started subbing to BG and was told to get my Fluke meter PAT tested.. I didnt know you could PAT test a Fluke multimeter.. in the end it didnt matter because they supplied a brand new one anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PAT Testing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock