Currently reading:
Perfect Pump Valves?

Discuss Perfect Pump Valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Well, thats what it says on the box, but is it true? Its hard to tell with pump valves - its not just about when you fit them, its what they are like in 10yrs time when the next guy has to change the pump. They aren't cheap either, so they had better be good to live up to the name and price.

A pair of freebie perfect pump valves to the first 5 GSR or Plumbers Arms members to PM me a snail mail address, and promise to come back on the forum to give a bit of feedback - EXCEPT:

If Bod, Buckley Plumb, Kev the Gas, Nicro or Gray0689 get in first, they will have to sit out the next forum freebie that I do, so that we can spread it around a bit.

Redsaw is excluded completely from this round, because he is mean and disqualified my JOTM entry ;).

Ray

Attachments

• PerfectPumpValve1.jpg
    PerfectPumpValve1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 84
  • PerfectPumpValve2.jpg
    PerfectPumpValve2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 68
  • PerfectPumpValve3.jpg
    PerfectPumpValve3.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 71
  • PerfectPumpValve4.jpg
    PerfectPumpValve4.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 68
Bit of superglue on the mating surfaces could make it interesting for the next guy along as well.

I reckon cost may be an issue with the prices quoted. I can't believe people buy those junk ballofix type ones to save a few pence so paying extra for a super duper valve is unlikely.

Are they available in 28mm?

Not at the moment. If they take off, then that will probably change.

Do you ship to Ireland (Dublin area)?

Not at the moment PeteHeat, but when we get our ecommerce up and running, I will see if any of the carriers offers a service to Ireland. I suspect that it might be cost-prohibitive for small orders though. Sorry.

Ray you swine

You always seem to do the freebie thing when I'm not online.

Gonna sulk and stamp me feet now!

Yep. I check the "forum users logged in" function, and only do it when Croppie isn't in the username list.

You aren't being paranoid - we really are out to get you! :)

Hi Ray,
Those valves look very good. Wonder if you have ever stocked the (not so well known) Peglers Bulldog pump valves that are also same as lever valves inside? Also very good although they don't have levers, just flat spindles that 1/4 turn dead easy. I only ever saw 22mm but I see on Web that they also come in 28mm. Got a pair on my own house.

Hi Best. I had seen the Bulldogs, but haven't ever stocked them. Pegler don't seem to take much interest in dealing with independent merchants round here - or perhaps its just me!

Not at the moment PeteHeat, but when we get our ecommerce up and running, I will see if any of the carriers offers a service to Ireland. I suspect that it might be cost-prohibitive for small orders though. Sorry.

Ray you could try my Hermes couriers they are cheap
But not sure if would suit

Thanks Ray, I'll look around locally to see if anyone has Pegler, don't feel bad at their treatment of the independent supplier you should try my seat, I can buy from other retailers cheaper than from some distributors even when the big boys introduce me and suggest they supply me direct.

Are they available in 28mm?

They are now! Just had notification.

I reckon cost may be an issue with the prices quoted. I can't believe people buy those junk ballofix type ones to save a few pence so paying extra for a super duper valve is unlikely.

This had been troubling me too. It doesn't matter how good quality something is, there is a limit to the price you can charge for any given item.

I had a chat with the inventor and it looks like with volume we can get the trade price just under a tenner per pair. The tricky bit is getting them established enough to generate the volume that brings down the unit production cost. The only other way of cutting cost is to cut quality, which kind of misses the point.

How are the reviews going guys? Any chance to use them yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
So has anyone used these yet? Are they any good and worth the extra cash?

Cheers

Thanks Ray. Seems the jury's out on them as only time tells with these sort of things. Will probably give them a go as I'll only regret it if the cheaper ones leak down the line!

Thanks Ray. Seems the jury's out on them as only time tells with these sort of things. Will probably give them a go as I'll only regret it if the cheaper ones leak down the line!

Yep - its a charitable donation to the plumber who comes to the job in 20 years time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Perfect Pump Valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock