Search the forum,

Discuss phoenix TRV 15 mm rubber olive compression joint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

butlerps

Hey guys,
has anyone ever come across a rubber olive before? Every valve I've ever fitted up until now has a copper/brass olive compression joint onto 15mm pipe but this new radiator valve that I need to use for the type of radiator I have uses rubber olives to compress onto the 15mm pipe.
I've contacted phoenix radiators but they have offered no support regarding supply of spares/manufacturer/supplier etc.

I want to at least have a hand full of spares in my box just in case.

Anyone know where I can buy them from?

Cheers,
Philip rubber-olives.jpg

Who did you buy the valve from? I would expect your supplier to be able to source spares on a product range they sell.

So what grabs or holds the pipe into the valve.
Most connectors squash into the pipe, holding the pipe in the fitting and valve.

Are they relying on the pipe being fixed solid and the radiator fixed so that the pipe cannot become dislodged?

I would be looking at not using these valves unless you can secure the pipe into the fitting with another method other than compressed rubber olive.
It may hold with cold water ( may ) - will it hold with heating hot water going through it?

The rad valves on my towel rail at home came with plastic olives. Was very dubious, so pressurised it to 5 bar and not even a weep.

Who did you buy the valve from? I would expect your supplier to be able to source spares on a product range they sell.

I bought the valves from Ryansdirect however decided to contact the manufacturer Phoenixradiators. Their customer support was polite but offered no help "thank you for your enquiry, I'm afraid we do not retail spare parts. I believe they are generic parts so perhaps your local DIY store or B&Q could supply these to you". Very disappointing as I can't believe I'm the first one to ask them the question.

I've no doubt they seal well (plenty of radiator valves/plastic pipe fitting rely on rubber seals) but I'm not happy installing them without having any spares.

Sounds like you got the 'Polite' - Fob off.

If someone 'fobs' me off saying parts are generic when they are not, they don't get a 'return Fob off', they get a hell of a lot more than that.

I bought the valves from Ryansdirect however decided to contact the manufacturer Phoenixradiators. Their customer support was polite but offered no help "thank you for your enquiry, I'm afraid we do not retail spare parts. I believe they are generic parts so perhaps your local DIY store or B&Q could supply these to you". Very disappointing as I can't believe I'm the first one to ask them the question.

I've no doubt they seal well (plenty of radiator valves/plastic pipe fitting rely on rubber seals) but I'm not happy installing them without having any spares.

Some manufacturers don't sell to the public, that's why the best place to start would be your supplier and if they don't or can't supply spares I'd want my money back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to phoenix TRV 15 mm rubber olive compression joint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock