Discuss pink hot water????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

hi, just left a customers house after doing a small job. he asked why is the hot water pink?...( he does bat for the other side tho).
if it was dirty or brown i would know what it was (galv header, or burst coil in the cylinder perhaps). or even blue.
when i inspected the water sample there was a slight tinge but he said it is usually a lot more discoloured to what i was inspecting. i advised him to call out the local undertaker 'severn trent' to do a supply test just in case.
he admits to not using the hot water taps much at all.
do you think it could be inhibiter from the heating system?.
any ideas would be welcome.
thanks.

check the tank for die. Had a similar problem with a blue loo tablet in a combi cylender tank.

Maybe check the tap washers to see if they are the old red fibre washers which are wearing out, thus giving off the pink colour. Only a suggestion its probably nothing like that.

hi, thanks for the input,

1, he has lived there for a few years and never been in the loft. the pink has only recently occured.
2, kitchen taps are ceramic washer.
3, it comes out of the bath and basin taps too.

unless its back syphoning around the system?.
a.a.r.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pink hot water????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back