Discuss Pipe bending rules? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

double d

Hi can any one help
ive just started my plumbing course with OLCI and im on unit 3 'Pipe Bnding' and confused with the formula that is used to decide the centre line of the radius of the bend, i know its stairing me in the face but cant get my head around it lol, ive been working as a basic builder/plumber for 9 years now fiiting disabled showers and doing basic plumbing and ive allways measured a bit of pipe bent it useing machine and my eyes lol all of this ' Radius and Formula ' stuuf is stumping me
i know its a stupid question but would be very greatfull if any one could take me through it step by step, cheers.

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hello double d, welcome aboard www.UKPlumbersForums.co.uk. Stick around, I'm sure you'll like the place. :)

Hi can any one help
ive just started my plumbing course with OLCI and im on unit 3 'Pipe Bnding' and confused with the formula that is used to decide the centre line of the radius of the bend, i know its stairing me in the face but cant get my head around it lol, ive been working as a basic builder/plumber for 9 years now fiiting disabled showers and doing basic plumbing and ive allways measured a bit of pipe bent it useing machine and my eyes lol all of this ' Radius and Formula ' stuuf is stumping me
i know its a stupid question but would be very greatfull if any one could take me through it step by step, cheers.

the formula is in the nvq2 book ;)

Thanks for the reply

ye got the book, so the formula answer is 94mm useing 15mm pipe, does that mean every time i bend 15 mm i get the same answer, sorry for the stupid response but, trying to get out of old habbits of picking up pipe, looking at it, bending it, job done lol, want t mak ure i understand the correct way, to use on the course

depends if your asking the question to pass exam, or improve your current technique!
in the real world, i'd be over the moon if a couple of bend went wrong and had to nip 30mm off the end - to throw in my bucket!!
i now in college you lose a point for every 1mm your bend is out - that rule just dosn't hold true in the real world.
welcome to forum

On my course (Engineering rather than plumbing) the formula for the length of pipe is a + b minus (y/360)x2xpixr where a and b are the straight lengths to where the lines would intersect, y is the angle of the bend and r is the radius of the former (to the centre line of the formed pipe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe bending rules? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock