Currently reading:
Pipe Bending

Discuss Pipe Bending in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
got good as new recon hilmors with 2 slides of ebay use them daily £30 deliverd

quick tip with bending pipe with hand benders is bend them with your arms without putting one of the handles on the floor , its much harder but will not wrinkle .

And if you're like me? I'm not strong enough (with 22mm) to use just my arms. Embarrassingly, I also have to jump on the blighter to get the bend going!! Chap I work with has to stop for 30 minutes to recover from his giggles when he watches me.

I wouldnt bother with any of the cheap ones get yourself a set of hilmor benders they are solid and decent quality they also have marks on the formers to help with your bends

Marks on the formers pfffft! So we all have protractors to measure the bend required mmmmm don't think so.

Marks on the formers pfffft! So we all have protractors to measure the bend required mmmmm don't think so.

well the guy who posted originally didnt own a pipe bender - so for someone new to bending marks on the formers will obviously help... teh guy was only trying to be helpful...

if youve been bending pipe for years then your gonna be the expert - but if your new to it every little helps as they say...

ive got a old record blue pipe bender gets thrown in the back of my van dropped and bashed about and its still working as good as the day i bought it - had to buy a few guides though im forever putting them down and forgetting them

quick tip with bending pipe with hand benders is bend them with your arms without putting one of the handles on the floor , its much harder but will not wrinkle .

meant to ask, how's your hernia these days??

The "sheds" sell ready made crossovers and you can buy 45 degree elbows if this is of any help.

Forge Steel Pipe Bender, 15mm,22mm,plumbing,copper on eBay (end time 26-Aug-10 00:41:00 BST)

Check these out as I use the drop Forge tool and would quite recommend it
Good luck with doing up the bathroom:)

Pe

The bathroom nearly finished. 4 floor tiles to lay, tanking and tiling to row of tiles immediately above 800 by 1700 shower, Shower screen to erect, semi recessed basin to fit on the units, ceiling light to change, extractor to connect, aring cupboard doors to paint. Suppose it is now a 'shower room'. As OH has a very slight disability that makes it awkward to raise one leg high enough to step into a bath we opted for a full size walk in shower instead.

Hope I can finish it this week as I want to dig for and concrete a new oil tank base, build a breezeblock plinth and flag it and erect a fire protection barrier next week before I go on holiday on 30th. Might just do it if weather is OK. Then the heating guys can commission the new oil tank and refit the heated towel rail when we come back mid September. Be nice to have heating before October.

When we come back I want to fit a new water cistern and F&E cistern, wire in the ventaxia, insulate the new pipework and get prices for a new hot water tank to be fitted (anyone in the Chester, Deeside area wants to quote drop me a pm.)

EasyT

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe Bending in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock