Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe detectors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave1

Which one do you use for detecting pipes and cables in walls? How accurate do you find them?

A customer with nails nice and cheap :)

Which one do you use for detecting pipes and cables in walls? How accurate do you find them?

I don't, as much as I should own a detector I don't, just use logic and good guess work, haven't drilled a cable or pipe yet

It was more a case of I need to trace some pipes in a ceiling, needed to be accurate as to where they are as to limit the damage to the ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe detectors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I would like to accurately monitor the F&R temperatures of 22 mm copper pipes on a CH boiler. Laser based tools do not work properly on shiny surfaces and apart from clip-on thermometers, is there anything else used by engineers which does not cost a huge amount of money? Many thanks in...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Honeywell made a natural gas leak detector for the home this is now discontinued. What other ones are available, and is it worth fitting them.
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
There's a leak in the ceiling of my Dad's living room which is on the ground floor and has a bedroom directly above it. There's an in-ceiling speaker where water was dripping from, and there were slower drips coming from a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock