Discuss pipe preference in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
One for the fitters amongst us commercial job on and you have a choice between putting in medium iron or mapress, barrel being tried and tested material however time consuming and dirty.

Mapress being relative new material simplistic install and clean quick install however alot more expensive than iron

what would you choose?

Mapress everytime I think, may be more expensive to purchase but surely you will make that back up in installation time.

Anything but aquatherm I ended up with tennis elbow after working with it for 6 months

I get tennis elbow when pushing fittings in on 22mm plastic !!!

I worked with aquatherm few years ago was ok i thought

Screwed every time, have heard a lot of bad things about crimping in the long term. Also the g/rentees on it are short in length. Also never seen a screwed joint blow but crimped seen a couple.

Last edited:
I hated it took ages to first fix anything it didnt like the cold weather had to do a pressure test on it that lasted 3 hours (we were doing old peoples flats) during one of the pressure test the cold pipe disintegrated at 10 bar and ended up with a bit of it stuck outta my hand.
I could go on but i'll bore you

Mapress for speed.
What size pipe are you useing?

10bar test??

one time i was on site doing 3" iron and it took 30 mins for 2 of us to get one elbow on!

Mapress every time!

Mapress but it depends on location ! And what for ? Use ALOT of mapress but also use a fair bit of steel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe preference in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock