Discuss pipes in walls - protect from corrosion, which tape? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cascas

What sort of tape should be used when a pipe is chased into a wall and plastered over. Denso, seems a little extreme, is something like pvc electrical tape ok, or is there something better

I use grey gas tape mate, deffinatly the best stuff to use, can be a bit fiddely to put on after the pipes r in the wall so try and tape them up b4 u connect them up!

Also I would think you would find the grease in the Denso would gradually leach out and start staining the wall.
Could you try putting the pipe in some of that flexible plastic ducting used for electric cabling? and maybe just wrap any tees or elbows with a PVC tape? I have used this successfully with Speedfit piework in Italy, but not sure if there are any rules or regs here about pipework in ducting.

Just a note: if your using plastic trunking in a chase then the chase will need to be deep enough to accommodate the trunking and to get a suitable amount of plaster on top! This would end up being quite a deep chase!

You can get 15 + 22mm copper with the white plastic coated onto it,ave a look on the bes site i think

50mm electrical tape, yellow normally cus its easy to se againist grey blockwork.

i use grey gas tape mate, deffinatly the best stuff to use, can be a bit fiddely to put on after the pipes r in the wall so try and tape them up b4 u connect them up!

test/purge/protect

Very true! Fiddling about with tape is now my only answer! I stand corrected. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipes in walls - protect from corrosion, which tape? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
J
When connecting a plastic metric waste pipe from a bath to a metal imperial pipe in the wall is it standard practice to use denso tape on the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock