Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Pipework schematic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cancerman

Hi all

I'm installing my first central heating/hot water system in a 4 bedroom house, does anybody have a pipework schematic diagram for layouts including supply/return/pump position etc.

I am not corgi qualified but this does not matter as i am installing a CO2 system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Cancerman.

If you've never done it before you're going to need a bit more than a few diagrams. I'd get off to the library and have a read through some text books.

You also need to make sure that the heating pipes are sized correctly and that the radiators are correctly sized for the slightly lower flow temps that you will get with a CO2 system.

Mike

You also need to make sure that the heating pipes are sized correctly and that the radiators are correctly sized for the slightly lower flow temps that you will get with a CO2 system.
Mike

Please explain the slightly lower flow temps with a C02 system?

Cancerman

As far as I'm aware a CO2 system will give a maximum flow temperature of around 65C. A condensing boiler will ideally have a temperature difference of 20C with a return of 55C or below and a flow of 75C. In practice the temp difference tends to be smaller with an 11C difference but still a 75C flow temp. With a 65C maximum flow temperature the rads will have to be proportionately larger to allow for the lower surface temperatures. The manufacturers will be able to give you a conversion factor so that you can choose the correct radiators.

Mike

i would n t go plumbing a whole house based on information 3rd hand from a plumbing forum.{don t get me wrong its a v good forum] based on your questions , are u confident in taking it on .no offence intended . maybe i ve got u wrong. best of luck,:confused:

i would n t go plumbing a whole house based on information 3rd hand from a plumbing forum.{don t get me wrong its a v good forum] based on your questions , are u confident in taking it on .no offence intended . maybe i ve got u wrong. best of luck,:confused:

No offence taken, i have installed VRV & VRF air conditioning systems and commercial refrigeration systems for 23 years. City & Guild and an HNC qualification.

It is a new area we are moving in to, domestic heating when no gas supply is available. We would not use Plastic or micro bore piping and i will check the loss in performance on the radiators.

Thank you for your comments.

Kind regards
Cancerman

ah ha. u are an experienced man.nice c. v .
tell me exactly how u intend on heating this house.heat pump?
u were talking about a co2 system.could u elaberate please.
hopefully i can help,
get back to me.
buffy

ah ha. u are an experienced man.nice c. v .
tell me exactly how u intend on heating this house.heat pump?
u were talking about a co2 system.could u elaberate please.
hopefully i can help,
get back to me.
buffy

Have a look at this buffy27 it is a heat pump but currently the only one which will produce high enough water temps. Also saves on the cost of installing ground source heat pumps which are expensive.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sanyoaircon.com%2Fproducts%2Fhydronic-products%2Fco2-waterheaters.aspx"]CO2 Waterheaters - Air Conditioning[/DLMURL]

Cancerman

Last edited by a moderator:
good job.installed similars heatpumps before,[diaken}underfloor would b very efficient. if u use rads they will need to b high efficiency and kw output calculated to the [cubic] volume.u may also need to run heating element in cylinder to high temp every few days to kill off any bacteria in dhw side.only trouble is they can become tempremental in extrme weather conditions[outdoor unit].the plumbing would b handy enough.the gass n up then no bother to u.get back to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipework schematic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock