Currently reading:
Placement of TRV in domestic cylinder

Discuss Placement of TRV in domestic cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Twinhawk

Quick question...leak in old CWSC cant fit new one up ..so pressurised .. where do i fit TRV could i alter a surry flange and install there? or is there a standard way?

Now you show compentacy, good on you
If ever in dought, search for the answer.
There cant be one guy on here that knows it all. We all are learning

i'm glad you've seen the light. seriously though we weren't getting at you just trying to get you to see where you were going wrong before it was too late. good luck for the future as tipintim said we are all learning all the time.

Well I was curious myself about it but I was told by a fella just remenber the pressure reducing valve and you'll be fine...he told me to pressurized it....then I realised he's a w...nker so I asked you reload really thanks calming down now what's 200 quid lost at the end if the day just glad their boilers goosed..sounds awful but its gona keep me outta the red

right ...on another note....i've got some fitting i need to use, fixed a heating system this week main flow and return split outside, replaced, airlocked so to fix i temporarily pressurised because there was no drain on boiler to force it out and every radiator was roasting, when i let pressure off and connected to header f+e the radiators piped in living room in 10mm went cool, if i pressurise CORRECTLY will this resume adequate heating to these rads?

right ...on another note....i've got some fitting i need to use, fixed a heating system this week main flow and return split outside, replaced, airlocked so to fix i temporarily pressurised because there was no drain on boiler to force it out and every radiator was roasting, when i let pressure off and connected to header f+e the radiators piped in living room in 10mm went cool, if i pressurise CORRECTLY will this resume adequate heating to these rads?

No try shutting off the upstairs rads to force it round the ones that arent working downstairs., whats your fascination with pressurising things lol!?.If the heating was working fine before on a tank then leave it on a tank, alot of boilers are not suitable for a sealed system ,they can overheat.

the girl has been having problems with the radiator for years now, so far i turned the hotter rads down slightly, and cracked the nuts into bucket to try and get flow, no change, burner is a riello rdb with warmflow boiler, has been regularly serviced with only 2 jets changed in near 4 years, very quick to heat rest of house, the two rads that arent heating seem to be the only two in microbore.

and i dont have a facination with pressurising things, was working at a boiler last week, didnt pressurise that....it already was.....black iron man tbh

It certainly sounds like a pipework blockage in the microbore,it's also very easy to kink that stuff too.

Regarding the cylinder question,there's a wider point to be made about pressurised systems I think. There's no doubt that they are very effective and it's made installation a lot easier and quicker generally,but it's essential that installers understand the operating principles and WHY they can be so dangerous. There are still bags of open vented systems and I wonder how many are being changed to sealed just because of lack of knowledge?

Twinhawk,glad you saw the light on this one,a good lesson learnt I guess.The guy who told you to pressurise the cylinder is a *******,don't take advice from him in the future. This is why it can be so dangerous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF_Wrm-Ns0I

YouTube - exploding hot water cylinder myth busters

Last edited by a moderator:
No disrespect but find it amazing that people arent educated to be able to know the severity of these things, If i was you twinhawk id look at going on a few day courses if i were you, there are unvented and water regs 1 day courses that will give you alot of knowledge and off course certificates, theses are fairly cheap and last for 5 years generally.
Please dont take the wrong way but if going into peoples houses you need to have the knowledge on these things before someones house is destroyed or worse serious injury is incurred.

All the best

none taken, i served five years on industrial sites, the differences are plenty however the qualification for working not. i was taught it all in school, on paper, i know the regs but at no stage was i told hot water cylinder standards, same with burners, all on paper, but getting the hang of them now.

Even better heres one in belfast

[DLMURL="http://www.cctrainingservices.com/contact.php"]CC Training Services[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Placement of TRV in domestic cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back