Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Placement of TRV in domestic cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Twinhawk

Quick question...leak in old CWSC cant fit new one up ..so pressurised .. where do i fit TRV could i alter a surry flange and install there? or is there a standard way?

Dont make sense mate
cwsc cold water storage c
presurised
trv on sury flange

what are you trying to do, post picture

Right Prevously a tank, totally froze and split from connections outward, on pressurised (unfinished pic) mains going to 1.5bar prv, teed to cold, Check valve, teed of expansion vessel and 3bar blow off then to feed hot water cylinder. still need to fit temperature relief valve,

Attachments

• IMAG0308.jpg
    IMAG0308.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG0305.jpg
    IMAG0305.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 42
OK . Im getting the picture.
What is your specific question. No abreviations please

Where do a fit the temperature relief valve on the hot water cylinder, as there is not one or connections because willis immersion installed

no, its on the hot water, im just being carefull because a fella i used to work with blew up 3 and imploded 1

That doesnt look right
You fit the presure relief off the expansion
List the pipes
what is that 1" telescope
what boiler have you got
post pictures of cylinder, can it be presurised

Is this just a domestic cylinder or a heating system
i.e emersion or a boiler

pressure relief valve is off the expansion, pressure relief and expansion can be fitted anywhere, think you are referring to the old overflow,
drawing attached

Attachments

• IMAG0310.jpg
    IMAG0310.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 27
is what you are doing trying to convert vented hot water to unvented pressurised? if so you must have your unvented ticket.

Is this just a domestic cylinder or a heating system
i.e emersion or a boiler

aye just a domestic cylinder oil fired boiler, fairly well installed system, shame bout temperature, destroyed whole house

also you cannot use a vented cylinder in this situation as it is not constructed to hold such pressures and will split at the very least as your friend has already discovered.

Sorry bud, but your on the road like your ex boss, that blew up and inploded.

Can you post picture of cylinder

well its been pressurized and held at 1.5 bar....no other safety devices to prevent this?

Dont want to be rude, but are you competant.
You ask for advice yet dismiss it. Some systems are not fit for others.
Steveb gave you some good advice.

no...im at home now,,,its just a normal cylinder...havent priced for a megalflow.....thinking

away for a drink...to ponder, i think my dad has a few megaflows somewhere im not getting a tank up there im a 28 waist and i can just get in the roof space ffs

think op may just be trying to pressurise ch side cylinder coil? if he,s on about pressuriseing a normal vented cylinder,bomb waiting to go off

Ill get a picture and as far s competance goes.....back to black iron for me...certificates mean **** still learning

Twinhawk
IM not beating up on you but concerned. Let people help you.
The tank you show looks like a 25 ltr ?
That cant be feeding a cylinder?

no the f+e is above it, its all systems where gravity, pipe burst everywhere and that 250+tank froze, also ive had it presurised (1.4 bar on the button area is around 4 bar fills a kitchen sink in about a minute with the plug out its sickening) and running already, turned water of and opened taps when i left, 28mm to hot water cylinder you can see cut in bottom left and just past 22mm to cold taps in bathroom...

think op may just be trying to pressurise ch side cylinder coil? if he,s on about pressuriseing a normal vented cylinder,bomb waiting to go off
Looking at his sketchs hes going to pressurise a vented cylinder.
Twinhawk ,dont do it. at the very least it will split, at the worst there is enough power in the resulting explosion to pull down the side of your house.
Use a coffin type water tank to replace the split one in the loft that will slide through your loft hatch.

right,could not work out his sketches thanks BCG,as said to the op dont do it buddy,death or serious injury to yourself or family awaits

Right lads thanks for all your help ... I efft up ...bit the bullet rip it out might break even if I'm lucky

Now you show compentacy, good on you
If ever in dought, search for the answer.
There cant be one guy on here that knows it all. We all are learning

i'm glad you've seen the light. seriously though we weren't getting at you just trying to get you to see where you were going wrong before it was too late. good luck for the future as tipintim said we are all learning all the time.

Well I was curious myself about it but I was told by a fella just remenber the pressure reducing valve and you'll be fine...he told me to pressurized it....then I realised he's a w...nker so I asked you reload really thanks calming down now what's 200 quid lost at the end if the day just glad their boilers goosed..sounds awful but its gona keep me outta the red

On chin.
Move on, learn lesson
if you charged to 1.5.... when it heats up.... 2.5......cylinder would not take it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Placement of TRV in domestic cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock