Search the forum,

Discuss plastic pipe used on new rad earth bonding? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi all, think this might be a stupid question but, I have just used plastic and speedfit to a new radiator am i right in thinking no bonding is needed to that rad ?
Thanks for any replies and looking.

Old 16th edition regs made you still earth bond towel rail and cross bond over plastic fittings if used.
If you have a fuse board with a 30mA rcd trip on lighting circuit you don't need to bond.

the rad will need its own bonding strap/rad clamp

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plastic pipe used on new rad earth bonding? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Is there anything in the regs that I’m unaware off to stop us from removing a radiator permanently?? Silly question no doubt. When removing new build rads, that are obviously piped in plastic, are you just cap ending them and pushing them in the wall or going back to a fitting in the floor...
Replies
Views
L
Hello Please could I have some advice. I recently had an new air source pump and hot water tank system installed. The pipes to the radiators are copper. However, there is plastic pipes to the taps for hot and cold water. I have found a leak in the connection of a plastic pipe. First...
Replies
Views
I am told I need to replace my boiler. I am considering a system boiler so I can lose the tank in the loft and feed it direct from the mains water. My rads are fed by 10mm plastic pipe. Is there much of a pressure increase with a system boiler and will the plastic pipe joints (e.g. John Guest...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The boiler works fine if I connect the hoses up to a remote tank of diesel. I am assuming that a filter is blocked somewhere but there is nothing between...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock