Discuss Plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like pictures been air brushed to me ;)

so back to my original thought,don't trust any plastic fittings,use plastic pipe for long runs if need be but use compression fittings to connect back to copper..... sorted :)

Polyplumb as it has an all stainless grip ring and once it grabs its never letting go! The grip ring is after the rubber o ring so the bit of pipe going into the O ring has not been scored by the grab ring, whereas most other fittings have the grab ring first.

Hep on other jobs.

Personally I NEVER use plastic between stud walls and under floorboards as it's just too vulnerable to mice. I have had 8 floods to deal with this winter from mouse damage to plastic. One caused thousands or pounds of water damage as the people were away when it happened.

The old HPB used to be like the polyplumb.

Last edited:
Polyplumb as it has an all stainless grip ring and once it grabs its never letting go! The grip ring is after the rubber o ring so the bit of pipe going into the O ring has not been scored by the grab ring, whereas most other fittings have the grab ring first.

Hep on other jobs.

Personally I NEVER use plastic between stud walls and under floorboards as it's just too vulnerable to mice. I have had 8 floods to deal with this winter from mouse damage to plastic. One caused thousands or pounds of water damage as the people were away when it happened.

The old HPB used to be like the polyplumb.
Yeah good point Id forgotten about vermin damage.

Thought they put a chemical in the plastic pipe and fitting that stops mice,rats and customers children from chewing it

Uponor unipipe every time, not a problem with vermin due to the aluminium layer PRESS fit fittings never had one fail yet cannot say the same for push fits. Brilliant stuff.

Uponor unipipe every time, not a problem with vermin due to the aluminium layer PRESS fit fittings never had one fail yet cannot say the same for push fits. Brilliant stuff.
we used to use that for underfloor at firm i was at in mansfield, holds its shape if bent and doesnt kink easily, id forgoten about that stuff, its the shizel!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock