Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Plate heat exchanger and Indirect Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redapple

Hi I was wondering if I might be able to get some help. I currently have a gravity system and a indirect Cylinder. I noticed that their is for sale unvented indirect cylinders with heat exchangers attached to increase recovery . mcdonald-engineers powerflow cylinders. I would convert to a unvented system but need to upgrade street mains and it would cost me nearly £2000-3000. which in the current climate is not possible for maybe at a later date. I wondering if it possible to attached a plate heat exchanger to a vented indirect cyclinder to increase recovery time. I came up with a design. Not sure if its right. any advice would be much appreciated.

Gravity System.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2cgc2sn.jpg - for large picture

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look at indirect high recovery cylinders. There are quite a few on the market.

Have a look at indirect high recovery cylinders. There are quite a few on the market.

thanks, i was looking at albion superduty High recovery 250L? is this too big or too small to meet my demands. thank you for the help. current tank is about 110l and running out too quickly and taking too long to recover

The theory is simple but the practice is less so.

Only you know what your hot water demand is and you may find a small HR cylinder perfectly adequate for one shower used several times in quick succession. Also the smaller the storage capacity the more cost effective the installation and running costs would be.

If you have more than one shower and a house full of teenage daughters you may need to go for a bigger capacity cylinder and low flow aerated shower heads.
Remember that buying fresh and disposing of waste water is getting really expensive nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plate heat exchanger and Indirect Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock