Discuss ***Please help!!!***thermo static shower cabin water going cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone...hoping someone can help with the ongoing issue.

long story short, shower (non electric thermostatic shower) was going cold intermittently.

shower replaced, issue still occured.

boiler serviced (Worcester bosch green star 28i junior) heat exchange plate replaced by bosch engineer, issue still occured.

engineer said that what is happening is the boiler is heating up the water but the flow is not quick enough so the water is backing up causing the boiler to cut out, hence the water going cold...once the boiler regulated the water goes hot again.

can some please advise on how to rectify this problem as weve spent quite a bit of money and are no further along.

boiler is situated in the loft...if we got pipework directly from the boiler to the shower could this resolve the issue?

or do we need a pump to push water through faster?

or is it something else?

the shower model is attached to show you...thank you in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901-223013_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190901-223013_eBay.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Pump or direct pipeing wont help my guess there’s flow restrictors in the shower limiting flow

Pump or direct pipeing wont help my guess there’s flow restrictors in the shower limiting flow
thanks for your reply...as I'm not a plumber or even a DIYer...it was the same on the old shower too but only started happening after say 5 years of having it (which is why we thought the shower needed replacing). is ther anything we can do to get the shower to stay warm?

thanks for your reply...as I'm not a plumber or even a DIYer...it was the same on the old shower too but only started happening after say 5 years of having it (which is why we thought the shower needed replacing). is ther anything we can do to get the shower to stay warm?

Do you know if there’s any filters in the pod system should be in the manual etc ?

doesn't state anything about filters in the manual, but then it is only a assembly manual that what with it so not very detailed.

TBH there’s only one way your going to be able to tell

Need to test the feeds to the shower pod (normally on flexis) into a bucket of temp says hot move to the next component and start stripping it

TBH there’s only one way your going to be able to tell

Need to test the feeds to the shower pod (normally on flexis) into a bucket of temp says hot move to the next component and start stripping it
okay that makes sense to test the feeds separately! thanks didnt even occur to do that so thanks for your help...so if it does stay hot in this test and we open up the pods panel...what are we looking for, would you know by any chance?

okay that makes sense to test the feeds separately! thanks didnt even occur to do that so thanks for your help...so if it does stay hot in this test and we open up the pods panel...what are we looking for, would you know by any chance?

TBH no depends on how well the pod was made normally a brass block with a load of flexis if it’s cheaply done or hose pipe :D

TBH no depends on how well the pod was made normally a brass block with a load of flexis if it’s cheaply done or hose pipe :D
it's also going cold on the mixer tap in the bathroom (same bathroom) does that change anything...and again this hasn't always done it only been over the last year same as the shower...both were working great before, that's why it's so confusing as they both worked fine once it's just frustrating it's not now and we cant seem to troubleshoot the issue

Anything been done in the bathroom in the time since ?

Reply to ***Please help!!!***thermo static shower cabin water going cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was...
Replies
Views
B
I have a new shower that has worked fine, albeit with low hot water pressure, for a couple of months. Now it starts hot, but then goes cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Recently noticed an issue with thermostatic shower that was determined to get sorted. The shower would drop (which got worse) and would not...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock