Search the forum,

Discuss Plinth Heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oddy04

Hi we have a really cold kitchen and no room for a radiator so are thinking of a hydronic plinth heater.

The kitchen is 25m3
Has a concrete roof which is insulated
has granite tops and backs
has ceramic tiled floor

Should we buy Myson or Smiths and can you recommend what size we need?

Thanks

Myson and cant remember there output
But I'm sure if you look on website it will tell you

A 2KW should be fine.

Smiths' recommend 45W/m3, so i think their unit 1.3Kw (4400Btu/h) would be fine, even i have one under my cherry kitchen cabinets.

Fitted a smiths one earlier in the year, I think system 3 pops a couple of flexis in for you as well. The do a option fro a room stat to control the fan which may be worth while also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plinth Heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, My customer needs a new water heater/boiler - preferably electric. (Getting the gas pipe through to the desired location is a bit of a no-go. It's a tiny stone-walled, screed floored terraced cottage, with no easy route for the gas pipe. So we're looking at electric options). Two people...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock