Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Plumber's bad back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subby

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm getting a bad back from all the lugging tools, boilers, rads etc. My lower back is in agony whenever I sit for too long or lie down after work.
Is there anything other plumber s do to counteract this? Yoga classes? Cutting working hours? Weight training? Massage? Saunas? Thanks

I know this will seem daft but how old is the bed mattress? I used to suffer badly and blamed the job (heavy lifting at the time) but changed the mattress and it worked wonders for the back.

The weight that hurts the most is the extra kilos we carry as we get older.

My answer is more sex , it cures everything, thats what I keep telling her in doors , she doesn't listen, thats why I am a wreck

I slipped a disc over Xmas unfortunately it happens as you get older . Just be more fussy over what work you do.

Try making an appointment with a professional chiropractor, I had an aching back for many months, a few sessions at the chiropractor has reduced the pain.

The answer to curing or helping a bad back is probably multiple things.
Actually exercise will be good for your back. Your muscles are what need to be strong so to improve your back.
If you are having trouble with your joints in the spine, a proper diet with supplements and cod liver oil believe it or not is proven to help massively.
Swimming supposed to help, but not something I do

The answer to curing or helping a bad back is probably multiple things.
Actually exercise will be good for your back. Your muscles are what need to be strong so to improve your back.
If you are having trouble with your joints in the spine, a proper diet with supplements and cod liver oil believe it or not is proven to help massively.
Swimming supposed to help, but not something I do

I had exactly the same issue 15 years ago. Constant bending and lifting, I am 6ft 2in and every thing we do is low level! My cure was to drop 14 lbs and start reformer Pilates classes once a week. This strengthens the inner core muscles that support the stomach, spine and lower back. Almost immediate cure, better posture, more flexible, also now realise I have been lifting all wrong for years.

Something most older plumbers suffer from ! in my glory days boilers were cast iron HE so had lots of heavy lifting a lot more than with todays boilers, working on building sites doing cast iron drainage, iron gas pipes etc. cold & damp weather don't help. But don't try to be a smart arse & lift boilers by yourself, don't be afraid to ask for help, once your back has gone it never gets any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumber's bad back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock