Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbers consumer rights ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

digger

When we buy a faulty product from a shop, we get a refund or replacement goods. Why, when we buy a tap for example from a manufacturer, and it turns out to be faulty, the item will be replaced but they will not pay what it costs to have the item refitted. The customer will not pay for obvious reasons. Manufacturers always have in the small print that an item will be replaced but not the labour to fit it. Are there no consumer rights for tradesmen to have this cost reimbursed? It is their shoddy quality control that has caused the problem in the first place.:eek:

if youve supplied its down to you and way i see it youve earnt money by suppling, however if the customer has supplied i always ask for the money to replace faulty goods
dont always get it tho cos their usually holding the money for the job but always worth a try

That's the reason for trade discount. You pay trade and charge the customer retail and the difference acts like an insurance policy to cover you for manufacturing defects. Either that or charge the customer the price you pay for the goods and build in a cost to the labour charge.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbers consumer rights ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock