Discuss Plumbing advice- soil stack in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm a Gas Engineer currently renovating my new house. I'm not too clued up on running waste, soil stacks etc so looking for a bit of advice

We had an existing 3 1/2 inch waste pipe running out the back. We are extending out to the back now and have cut the pipe down. Stepped it upto 4 inch and ran that along the ground.
Running it up to the bathroom where we hope to tee the basin bath and toilet into it.
This pipe is also used for rainwater/guttering above bathroom.

Plumber says this is ok if we tee off before gutter and leave that section open above gutter. So you would have an opening in the gutter then a 4 inch opening above.

My question is. Is this acceptable for basin, bath, soil and rainwater? He is saying it can be combined as it's an old one pipe system?

Also what is a one pipe waste system?

Thanks

A

Hi, I'm a Gas Engineer currently renovating my new house. I'm not too clued up on running waste, soil stacks etc so looking for a bit of advice

We had an existing 3 1/2 inch waste pipe running out the back. We are extending out to the back now and have cut the pipe down. Stepped it upto 4 inch and ran that along the ground.
Running it up to the bathroom where we hope to tee the basin bath and toilet into it.
This pipe is also used for rainwater/guttering above bathroom.

Plumber says this is ok if we tee off before gutter and leave that section open above gutter. So you would have an opening in the gutter then a 4 inch opening above.

My question is. Is this acceptable for basin, bath, soil and rainwater? He is saying it can be combined as it's an old one pipe system?

Also what is a one pipe waste system?

Thanks

A
It known as a combined sewer system whereby the rainwater and foul water discharge into the same sewer syste. This has changed on moreup to date systems, as rainwater doesn’t needto be treated as heavily.

Reply to Plumbing advice- soil stack in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm remodeling our master bath. We have two 30 inch vanities with a 24 inch open space between them. Drain pipes go down into the basement of...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will...
Replies
Views
We have a bathroom where drainage runs across the house to soil stack. After shower especially in night when there is high temperature difference...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Following a first-floor bathroom remodel done poorly by a plumber in our house a couple of years ago I have stripped everything out and I'm...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, we have moved our upstairs bathroom so need to put a new soil stack on the outside wall. In the place where we want to put it is a rainwater...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock