Discuss Plumbing And Your Body in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem is I'm a stress-head. And the second I'm fully focused on a challege nothing else registers. No pain, no hunger, no thirst. And then, when I finish the job, I suddenly realise I've pulled this, strained that and am about to collapse from dehydration. Either I learn to change this behaviour or I'm not going to last long.

I've yet to see a plumber wear gloves for anything other than carrying chunks of cast iron to the skip. They all seem to get in the way. And to be honest after a few years experience finger pain doesn't even register, it's the back and knees and stuff that does.

I use hyflex gloves. Takes a bit of getting used to, then you cant work with out them. I dont even bother taking them off to wire an immersion heater

I've yet to see a plumber wear gloves for anything other than carrying chunks of cast iron to the skip. They all seem to get in the way. And to be honest after a few years experience finger pain doesn't even register, it's the back and knees and stuff that does.
i was like that hands didnt register pain but as im getting older ive started to feel things more its as if ive lost some of the flesh and its pressing on bone theres nothing good about getting older
they make me laugh when the goverment say we will have to work longer im fecked now at 56 by 70 i wont be able to lift a pair of grips
still it wont be a problem most plumbers ive known were dead before 70

Last edited:
In 17 years i have had 1 knee operation (6weeks off work), 1 hernia operation (1week off and counting), A KO (1 day off) and a groin strain (1 week off work).

when you are younger you dont really care, but the earlier you start to look after yourself the longer you will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing And Your Body in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
M
Replies
Views
oldplumber
O
S
Replies
Views
Scottley
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock