Discuss plumbing code for uk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bartgatensby

hi there,
I am from Canada originally and am looking for the UK equivelent to my plumbing and gasfitting codes, basically government texts of rules and regulation governing the install of plumbing and gas works in Alberta. If anyone could give me the title of these so I can make sure I am clear on installation procedures in the uk that would be great.

I've got a Corgi book for gas reg's, 'Essential Gas Safety' Domestic (Fifth edition) Which will guide you with most of what you need- though later editions and others are available. No ISBN number for it though?! Weird. Prob best to call corgi or better still Gas Safe. (The new regulation body).

I also have a Water Regulations Guide - ISBN 0-9539708-0-9

Again dated, but not too much as to be pointless. Hope that helps.

Are you Gas Safe registered yet? It is obligitory to be so if you want to do gas work.

You will also need a qualification in unvented DHW for that area of work (Part G of building regulations)

Last edited:
thank i'll look for those books, im a journeyman plumber and gasfitter in Canada. need to suss out how to get papers approved over here. long trek through beaurocracy i think.

No probs, and good luck with it.

I've always fancied moving to Canada (no joke).

It's a funny old world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbing code for uk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Hi Everyone...I am a M&E project manager (so no real gas experience) I have an issue on a poly-clinic coming up for handover, we have two LTHW...
Replies
Views
S
Hi I have been doing plumbing now for 33 years and served my time with my Father who was a plumber since 1948 , i never went to collegue or got...
Replies
Views
Bernie2
B
E
Hello Everyone, I recently found this Forum and instantly became excited:D I am a Heating Engineer with over 30 years in the Trade. I am Gas safe...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
M
I have passed my ACS, ccn1, cookers, fires, boilers, water heaters, cpa1. I've been installing boilers with my dad for 6 years (he is gas safe...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
Back