Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Plumbing courses around Milton Keynes, need some advice please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Virana

Hello all, first post here :D

I will get stuck right in and try keep this short as I know these threads pop up all the time, basically I trying to get myself qualified as a plumber.

I have worked with my dad who is gas safe qualified for the past 6 years but has now moved up north leaving me in Milton Keynes without relevant qualifications.

I have a good knowledge of plumbing and would like to get my NVQ 2+3 qualifications but am stuck at a crossroads with which route to take.

I believe it would be in my best interests to stick out a course gaining the L2 6129 before taking exams as I'm sure there are aspects I will not have covered in my 6 years.

I understand that the L2 6129 is only part of a full qualification and that the 6089 is the practical NVQ part, same with L3 (I have been reading various posts on the forums here about how the process works)

Anyway to the point, I dont really know wether I should go to college (if there is one near me offering this route, help needed here) or seek out someone to work with then put in for exams only.

Ill stick to this for now, any info you may need give me a shout.

Much appreciated :)

not sure if im 100% right but its all changing too diploma (college wise at least) so you have to have proof of being in the trade either employed or self employed,so you or you`re employer have to have insurance not just public liability either their more interested that you`re employer is insured if you get injured.(thats what we`re getting told at college anyway)no more tech certs. appologise if im wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing courses around Milton Keynes, need some advice please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Im looking to come to Australia in january/febuary 2024. I have a working holiday visa already sorted. I run my own plumbing and heating...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a career change, currently working as a Mechanical Design engineer and have done so for the past 10 years, I'm now 27 years old...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock