Discuss Plumfix = waste of time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

I started using plumbfix as is next door to my gym that I go to every morning so it's dead handy
"you get a discount on all plumbing stuff" what a load of pony!!!!!! Fittings and pipe yes! Every set of taps I have got from them NO shower mixer last week NO final straw rang to check availability on a shower asked for the plumbfix price to be told £109.99 errrr that's the normal price, had a moan that nothing bar pipe and fittings has discont so what's the point? Asked to reserve it anyway only to be told that they want payment to reserve!!!!!!! WTF keep it and returning everything from them that's un used!!!! Tool Station always reserve with out payment, plumbase same, travis same!!!!!! Have ya card back

Have you tried Williams for your materials? Great prices and top notch service. They'll deliver to your gym if you ask them!

Well I think you deserve everything you get,hope they over charge you and give you the run around!!!....going to the gym everyday...you should be ashamed of ya self,,going to the pub every day maybe...sneaking into the local takeaways every day..that,s fine.....stopping of for a full breakfast at the local cafe no probs,,but going to the gym everyday.....shocking

ffff_zpsmfchcjhg.jpg

if you want to do some lifting,tie some bits of lead pipe to tools and get ya self to a proper local plumbers merchants and they will let you lug a few boilers or unvented cylinders around the warehouse
Gym everyday...got to go for a lay down just thinking about it!!

I find them OK to be honest, i have good friendly staff in my local branches and they alway try to point out good deals :).

I started using plumbfix as is next door to my gym that I go to every morning so it's dead handy
"you get a discount on all plumbing stuff" what a load of pony!!!!!! Fittings and pipe yes! Every set of taps I have got from them NO shower mixer last week NO final straw rang to check availability on a shower asked for the plumbfix price to be told £109.99 errrr that's the normal price, had a moan that nothing bar pipe and fittings has discont so what's the point? Asked to reserve it anyway only to be told that they want payment to reserve!!!!!!! WTF keep it and returning everything from them that's un used!!!! Tool Station always reserve with out payment, plumbase same, travis same!!!!!! Have ya card back
My local screwfix is next to a gym too. Your not in bolton are you?

Nothing wrong with there staff good banter and take it well helpful when I get the to get ever shower bar mount off the shelf and let me open them all to find the right one lol but to be fair it's the same as any conter! Just don't say u will give me a discount on ALL plumbing gear but when it's infact a selection

First you need to remember they are not a trade only merchant, They give you a discount on regular stuff like pipe and fittings because of the quantity they sell. The question should be not if it's cheaper than screwfix but if it's cheaper than other places.

Plumbcenter has opened a chain of DIY/ public shops around by me with a different name. They sell stock items to joe public as cheap and in many cases cheaper as plumbs do to account holders but there price on items not in stock is higher than plumbs.

Barlow rads are any single £10 any double £20 that's any size they have in stock.
It's a buyers market now, customers can get boilers and materials at similar prices to businesses.

As for reserve of items they are run like a shop, first come first served. If you want the item then just pay for it, no real issue I'm my eyes. Can't have your cake and eat it as they say.

Last edited:
I don't see what the problem is, if you want to reserve an item what's wrong with paying for it! Saves another plumber going in & being told an item is out of stock when they could have sold me your part which you never bothered to collect ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumfix = waste of time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
R
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock