Discuss 4 the last time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

right thats it, i have had enough.

went into plumb center today after correcting a bodged up cowboy builder job for a customer of mine who left them £10k out of pocket with incompleted works and a declined b.c pass.

i was called a week later by building control to rectify a couple or so snags after finishing of the bodged jobs by the builder. fair enough i thought what are the snags?.

there is no trap to the washing machine (i wasnt told about it).
the run of goes up hill, wtf??????????????. it has a fall of 150mm over a metre?
a hopper has been used for the bath waste? ( it was a replacement that i hadnt installed).

after a few words with the inspector, i was told not to bother about the hopper but the others need doing?. change the rules then why dont you..

so, of i went free of charge to the customer to put right the bits as a professional.
whilst doing the odd 'bits' i broke a square line down pipe elbow so i told the customer i will pop out and get one and the jobs a good-un. of i popped to the nearest merchant= plumb line and got a replacement........£5.50...r of sods.
did they see me coming or are they just so far out of their pricing as plumb fix 2 miles up the road do them for £2.50, age is making me tight but it is out of me own pocket.lol:eek:

This is why experience owuld say not to touch a job like that - they would have to pay me full whack to correct it all or not at all . . .

correcting bad work seems to take longer than doing it yourself from scratch.

i was called in to sort out someone who had given up trying to install their own bathroom. at first sight it looked not far off completion. few dribbles escaping here and there. it's only when you begin after agreeing a price that you find out everything is so over-tightened you give yourself a hernia undoing things and have to replace the parts because they're now mangled and find all sorts of suprises like things glued in place and god knows what.

had a good one today bodgeing bathroom fitters. fitted a combi turned on hot, pipework exploded on the basin white speed fit with no insert onto flexys onto cross head taps swinging around like a tit wtf where do they learn???? 1 week courses??????

LOL!!!

Must admit I made a mistake the other day with a combi. (Just about all my work is with open vented systems.) Finished soldering and turned on water to test cold pipework. Forgot that once it filled this it would go around the boiler and fill up the hot water pipework. Bit embarrassing!!

Inserts ARE one thing I've learned to use though!!

I've not forgotten to use inserts but I have forgotten to tighten a joint. Turned on the water and you hear that sound...you don't need to look - you know.

I've not forgotten to use inserts but I have forgotten to tighten a joint. Turned on the water and you hear that sound...you don't need to look - you know.
every one has done that at least a few times

"Turned on the water and you hear that sound..."

Water coming out the cooker............Done that one years ago:eek:

This is why experience owuld say not to touch a job like that - they would have to pay me full whack to correct it all or not at all . . .
dont worry, i got £900 for 3 days work out of them, but that was 3 weeks ago (and spent).lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 4 the last time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I started working for myself few months ago and been getting in work although not to regular yet. Done a couple of full bathroom replacment...
Replies
Views
GRUNT16V
G
L
Fellow people, I urge you, please don't ever call Plumb Force Direct as they are cowboys! The company is advertised as a sponsored link on...
Replies
Views
Plum Bob 66
P
A
hi lads just wanted a bit of advice regarding the part p courses. come next april i will have completed, or hope i will have completed my acs...
Replies
Views
It's underneath the main bowl in a sink and a half set-up in kitchen. So there's what looks like this 32mm waste-to-trap connector which is then...
Replies
Views
T
P
just after some pointers on a boiler relocation. not seen the job yet off to view it tomorrow basicly they are haveing an extension the wall the...
Replies
Views
LIFES A GAS
L
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock