Discuss Poor flow of hot water from new mono mixer tap in new fitted kitchen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Chalked, thank you for your comments. I’ve actually reached a compromise with the company and largely based on the feedback I had from this forum. I used the info to pursue it with help from Citizens Advice and specifying the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and my right to expect work to be done with reasonable care and skill.
I’m going to buy an appropriate pump that will give improved water pressure to the kitchen and bathroom and the company have agreed to install it (they initially proposed providing and installing a micro pump under the kitchen sink).
I’m genuinely grateful for the support I received on this forum!

Chalked, thank you for your comments. I’ve actually reached a compromise with the company and largely based on the feedback I had from this forum. I used the info to pursue it with help from Citizens Advice and specifying the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and my right to expect work to be done with reasonable care and skill.
I’m going to buy an appropriate pump that will give improved water pressure to the kitchen and bathroom and the company have agreed to install it (they initially proposed providing and installing a micro pump under the kitchen sink).
Great that you've reached an agreement, what pump are you supplying and are you using it to feed the whole property or just the kitchen sink?

If you fit a std pump to your system, you will ALSO have to DOUBLE the tank capacity to remain safe.
That, in your situation, is not going to happen with the images you posted due to space limitations unless you can move teh CWS cistern into a loft space. IMPO, a pump is NOT the answer here due to this.
The answer, I'm sorry to say but as you've already been advised, is an unvented cylinder OR a new tap more suitable for your ultra low pressure situation. They ARE available but they are traditional (multi-turn) valves. NO 1/4 turn or ceramic disc based valve can be suitable.

Craig, I had asked their plumber for a recommendation - pump to work off tanks and supply both kitchen and bathroom. He wasn’t involved in the design or install but appears to get involved when disputes. I trust him. He was the one that visited post formal complaint and agreed that water flow was unacceptable. Upon request he had initially recommended Stuart Turner pumps, but said Salamander pumps also good (the brand I knew and mentioned). I’ve since asked for specific pump recommendation. Waiting to hear.

I'm sure the plumber knows he's doing, and either a salamander or Stuart Turner will be fine. Both have similar outputs in terms of flow rates etc but out of the two, salamander are the quieter ones. Due to the height of your header tank and the fact you have mixer taps, i would also advise you go for a universal/negative head pump.

Reply to Poor flow of hot water from new mono mixer tap in new fitted kitchen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock