Discuss Potential boiler overheating problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I just moved into a property with a combi gas boiler. It's a Baxi 600. It heats the radiators and the hot water. However, the temperature of the water seems very high for both central heating and running water. The boiler's dials for both temperatures are on the front of the boiler. I set the central heating to 60c and the hot water to 50c. As soon as the programmer turns on the boiler, the temperature goes up to nearly 90 and will fluctuate anywhere between 65 and 90. With the running water, it seems to display 10 degrees higher than what I set it too.

I've never had gas before, only oil, so this is my first time using a gas fired boiler. Is this normal?

Thanks very much.

Reply to Potential boiler overheating problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring...
Replies
Views
H
Wishing everyone on tgmhis forum a very happy Christmas!! I am working on a combi boiler which has problem with heating only. Water is heating...
Replies
Views
I must be cursed The new boiler that was fitted yesterday had a problem on commissioning, when the central heating was turned on the boiler fired...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock